Agatha Christie - Marple: The Moving Finger Reviews

• Aug 07, 2009

These stories never fail when you're looking for relaxation with a good mystery. Geraldine McEwan is THE miss Marple for me :)

• May 10, 2009

I don't know what to say about this really, only that it started off wrong and then went on agressively worse from there. Probably one of the worst adaptions of a book I've ever seen. I can't even begin to explain how wrong things were in this movie. It matches to Pride&Prejudice 2005 in its level of adaption. Which is not a praise, mind you! The only good thing about this was that I rather like James D'Arcy's looks. Everything was just so absurd and not at all Christie-like. After this I seriously considered topping myself.

• Jan 07, 2009

James D'Arcy gives a snappy performance in an entertainingly experimentive Christie adaptation. The visual style in this one is quite unique.

• Jan 02, 2009

Fantastic - Geraldine McEwan really brings out the mischeviousness of Marple (which is a relief because the character can be a bit annoying). I love how much they have gone to town with this - the colour, casting and detail is wonderful.

• Nov 04, 2008

best of all storys...james d'arcy is great

best of all storys...james d'arcy is great

• Oct 16, 2008

Absolutely enchanting - and a dream come true for anyone who likes to play 6 Degrees of Separation with Obscure British Actors! I fell in love with James D'Arcy all over again, never mind he plays a suicidal, sometime drunk who hobbles around looking like death warmed over most of the time. See it even if you're not (yet) a Marple fan - it's charmingly done, wonderfully costumed, and yes, there's even a sprinkle of romance involved. Perfect for a lazy afternoon - I didn't move a muscle for the entire 93 minutes!

• Aug 15, 2008

The most stylish of all the McEwan Marples! A riot of colour.

The most stylish of all the McEwan Marples! A riot of colour.

• May 07, 2008

All Marple movies are great...Still I'm missing one called 4:05 train or something like that

• Dec 29, 2007

Although Geraldine McEwan isn't everyone's favourite Marple, this is a pleasant little detective story filmatisation. James D'Arcy does an excellent performance, although unfortunately the director tends to prefer over-acting, making the events and character stereotypes a bit too strong and see-through.