Marriage Is a Crazy Thing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marriage Is a Crazy Thing Reviews

January 18, 2015
More, & deeper, than pure erotica. Still boring however.
½ November 5, 2012
This is the first movie directed by Yu Ha, who also made A Dirty Carnival. This is a nonviolent movie that focuses on sex, relationships, and agony. There is a lot of sex.

Two men are waiting outside a Kentucky Fried Chicken (yes, they exist in South Korea) to meet a woman. The men are neither aware they are being watched by the woman nor that they are there for the same woman. One man becomes frustrated and angrily stomps away. Thus begins the efforts of the other man to win over the very attractive woman.

They have lots of sex and frequently go out to eat, but she will not commit to him, due to his low salary as a college professor. While they are seeing each other, one of his students, who is very attractive, tries to go out with him. He won't bite and instead continues to chase the unobtainable woman.

If you want to see the behaviors of a sophisticated 'gold-digger' woman that controls men with ease and witness the agony that men experience when they try to understand those women, then you will see those things. This is a very mature, tasteful, and accurate rendition of human sexual behavior.
December 19, 2011
My hubs said, "His life would have been so much simpler and happier if he had gone with the kfc girl!" and, I agree! *LOL* Seriously, why hang on to another when you are married? disappointing ending though.
½ November 9, 2009
Marriage is not a crazy thing at all in Yu Ha's second movie, it's a snare laid by a conservative society, justified and perpetuated by references to traditional values and that old Confusian concept of filial duty. In this context any hope of finding true love pretty soon comes short, as Yu Ha's protagonists bitterly learn. Marriage Is a Crazy Thing is to some extent a very cultural specific film, but the honest and undramatic way in which Yu Ha tells the story makes it applicable to human relationships in general. Aesthetically it's not so exciting though, but that may also be one of Yu Ha's points, making it seem more real in the process. Actress Uhm Jung-hwa is a real find here. Her vision of Yeon-hee is one of those rare Korean gems, a strong female character complete with flaws and all.
½ September 25, 2008
Awesome movie, but I've never been a fan of open endings...
May 15, 2008
one of my all time favorites
March 23, 2008
kwon sang woo my love
March 2, 2008
Iliskiler ve evlilik uzerine cesur bir kore filmi. Bekar ve pek evlenmeyi dusunmeyen bir universite profesorunun hic tanimadigi bir kadin ile randevulasmasi , bu randevu sonucu birbirleri ile farkliliklari , uyumlari ve asklari dogal bir sekilde anlatiliyor. Kadin ise evlenebilecegi erkegi bulabilmek icin bircok kisi ile rendevulasan birisi. En sonunda duygusal anlamda ve cinsel olarak uyumlu oldugu bu adami buluyor fakat genede farkli fikirleri ve kadinin evlilik icin farkli kriterleri var. Film bu iki insanin iliskisini farkli evrelere bolerek anlatmis. Iliskilere,iliskilerdeki mutluluga,aska ve evliliklere gercekci bir bakis. Her ne kadar kaliteli,oyunculuklari iyi ve cinselligi de cesurca kullanan gercekci bir film olsa da herkese tavsiye edemeyecegim turden sanatsal bir film. Izlenebilirlik 3 yildiz ama sinema eseri olarak 4 yildiz alir...
½ February 3, 2008
There is lots of sex in this movie. I guess you can feel like you are in an affair without actually being in one.
November 12, 2007
Perfect acting, It's seems so real. They act in a so natural way, I loved it.
November 6, 2007
Utterly brilliant movie about relationships. Joon-yeong (Kam Woo-seong) and Yuen-hee (Eom Jeong-hwa) sort of fall for each other, they get along and have great sex, but she wants a man with more money than Joon-yeong makes as a lecturer. He doesn't want to admit how much he likes Yuen-hee and urges her to find a man with a better job. She eventually marries a doctor but keeps seeing Joon-yeong. Best described as a Korean Woody Allen movie, I suppose, this is fantastic all the way. I have seen it several times and it just gets better and better.
October 11, 2007
Gam Woo-Sung is a great actor. I loved him in this role. He's so cute. I love his dimples.
October 2, 2007
marriage is a crazy thing, that's why i'd rather be a weekend couple!!
½ September 1, 2007
Sex and relationship. It's mystery.
August 16, 2007
Eom Jeong-Hwa's performance is simply breathtaking...this is a perfectly scripted, un-setinmental movie on love and marriage...I especially love the ending, it is up to the viewer to decide whether it is an happy ending or not...I just wished the characters could end up happily ever after
August 11, 2007
Jeong-hwa Eom is sexy and appealing. She did a good job in this film. How to choose between a steady marraige and a true love? What do you do if your beloved has simply too much resistance to marriage?
July 25, 2007
Yayy, I'm so glad this movie is here.

This is a really great movie. I enjoyed it a lot. It's about a girl who is looking for a steady marriage with a guy who has money, but finds an average school teacher and falls in love with him. He loves her back, but she marries a doctor to feel financially secure. Along with that comes an interesting storyline where the two lead characters just can't get enough of each other and her being married to someone she really doesn't care about. It's a romantic, sad, and calm film about love and people who go through the stages. (I just feel really bad for the guy..)
½ July 4, 2007
a dilemma between love or a kind of life that she wants. or both. this girl is not afraid to have her cake and eat it, but at the end, does anybody really happy?
½ June 12, 2007
i here by declare i love korean language
June 9, 2007
interesting and humorous take on dating for 30+ people.