Mars Needs Moms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mars Needs Moms Reviews

½ April 28, 2015
Guess WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? it sucks.
½ January 14, 2015
My Rating: 3.5/5 stars; Grade: B; Gesture: One Thumb Up; Status: Somewhat Good (Fresh); Emoticon: :-}.
January 3, 2015
This is a great movie!
½ December 29, 2014
A really well made movie that doesnt resort to shoe horned songs, chase scenes or shameless sentimentality. A breath of fresh Martian air.
December 25, 2014
This is much better than the reviews suggests. I thought it was pretty good. Martians kidnap a boys mum and he ends up on Mars trying to save her. good graphics and highlights the importance of family. Not as funny as other Disney animations but still worth watching
½ December 1, 2014
BBBBOOOORRRRIIIIINNNNG
½ November 29, 2014
Mars Needs Moms is lame and stupid in a very forgetful way.
October 30, 2014
Good animation, but the overall concept is daft and the stereotypical characters, disjointed scenes and lack of comedy results in an unmemorable children's film which has a very forced, albeit morally positive, message.
½ September 15, 2014
The film's failure at critical and financial doesn't matter. What's matter is that the film's heart holds the ultimate treasure (in lesson and message) to show what you can't live without, backed-up with nice visuals. (A)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
½ September 6, 2014
Horrible, horrible movie I feel very very sorry for the poor people who's kids dragged them to this absolutely horrid movie. I honestly think this is the worst movie I've seen since shark boy and lava girl. Don't watch please. I usually give movies half a star if it's bad but this um movie (if you can even call it that) doesn't deserve even half a star.
½ August 3, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/22/2011)
July 22, 2014
its a great animation,
July 20, 2014
Bad Disney movie but good animation. Not as good as Pixar or Dreamworks but love the topic, aliens takes mom and it's also sad.
July 7, 2014
this is one of the worst animated films of the decade and probably even the previous one. the animation while good is creepy and pretty standard for Robert. the premise is stupid, the characters are non existent, the dialogue is childish, and while it does have heart its not enough. i give it one star as an im sorry for the film being a mega flop.
½ July 7, 2014
This Was A Bad Kids Movie.C-
June 26, 2014
I can remember this movie being a little weird, but still an entertaining adventure
½ June 16, 2014
The worst animated movie I have ever seen.
½ June 9, 2014
On paper it may sound like childish trash that parents will be forced to pay for their kids, but the overall product of Mars Needs Mom does surprisingly has lots of charm and heart that everyone will actually enjoy.
½ June 4, 2014
***SPOILER WARNING***

Questions that really need to be answered, stat:

1. Why can't the Martians breathe in Mars' atmosphere? And what *are* they breathing? Is it air? How does that work? Where did they get it from? Is there a natural underground air depot on Mars?

2. How are Martian babies made? No, seriously. This bothers me. "They pop out of the ground every 25 years"? Uh, no. If that were the case, why would they even need two sexes? There is clearly some kind of fertilization going on. Try again.

3. Why are the Martian still watching Earth television from the '60s? It does not take fifty years for television signals to travel from Earth to Mars. Is the adopted slang amusing? Yes. Is it believable? No.

Questions aside, it's a pretty alright move. Not very pretty, and Seth Green's baby face is very, very disturbing, but an alright movie. I'm a bit puzzled as to its message though, because there doesn't seem to be a point. Be a polite and helpful kid? Your mom will get abducted by aliens. Be a bratty, ungrateful kid? Yeah, your mom will still get abducted by aliens.

You know what would have been awesome? If Milo's mom would have died in the helmet scene. Because I was sitting there going "No way. There's no way they're going to... Yesssss. Oh man, this is the most depressing children's movie I've ever seen". But then George/Gribble saved the day and ruined everything.

In short, watch WALL-E instead. It's prettier and has more space.