Martial Law - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Martial Law Reviews

½ May 26, 2014
I do not understand why this is up twice with two different covers but as I said on the other one this is a good movie that could have used way more Cinthia Rothrock.
½ May 26, 2014
Not enough Rothrock in this movie but still pretty good.
April 6, 2013
To this day, it remains a guitly pleasure, there are scenes that shouldn't have been in the movie, yet it seems to retain the attention with a reasonable performance by David Carradine, and the great martial arts scenes. Even so, these things don't save it enough.
½ February 28, 2012
A decent actioner complete with fantastic fight scenes, courtesy of Phillip Tan, who aside from being the fight choreographer, also has a part as henchman Wu Han in this film. Chad Macqueen and Cynthia Rothrock play a pair of Metro Police officers who use their fists and their feet for maximum law enforcement on the mean streets of L.A. When shooting criminals is a 'no-go', Chad and Cynthia's characters Sean Thompson and Billie Blake are called in to serve up justice...Martial Law style. But when the two begin investigating the mysterious deaths of criminals belonging to various crime outfits, Sean and Billie's investigation will put them on a collision course with Dalton Rhodes (the late great David Carradine), notorious mastermind who is also a Grand Master in the Dim Mak arts. Problems get further complicated with Sean's younger brother Michael, a young delinquent who is always getting into trouble with the law, who is working in Rhode's crime syndicate as a car thief. As the story progresses, Michael must find a way to keep his secret criminal life a secret from his older brother while at the same time dodging Faster Brown (V.C. Dupree), a former employee of Rhode's and Michael's biggest rival who seeks to get back into Rhode's favor by trying to expose Michael as a police informant.

Don't wanna give too much away, but overall the story behind this movie is simple and easy to follow and the fight scenes, while B-grade are still enjoyable and entertaining to watch. I recommend this movie to anyone who is a Cynthia Rothrock or David Carradine fan.
March 19, 2011
david carradine is always fun to watch.. even more so when he plays main baddie in the film..
May 8, 2009
Hahhahaha, yes, I really did see it. Not one of my proudest moments.
April 24, 2008
Chad McQueen stars as a fat thirty-something loser who gets roles because his dad was famous. Woops, wrong movie. So Chad and Cynthia Rothrock star as a team of cops who use martial arts to take down an exotic car/arms dealer, who just so happens to be FRANKENSTEIN!!! Okay, not really, but it was David Carradine. The only noteworthy part of this film was the plethora of heartpunches. Holy shit, I guess that's all they do in China is teach people how to do heart punches and pump out Don Wilsons. If you have to rent a Chad McQueen film rent Death Ring, it's 10x better than this and I think every heterosexual man will agree Don Swayze is better looking than Cynthia Rothrock. I've seen piles of barbed wire I'd rather fuck. That's the diss that don't miss!
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
June 16, 2007
cynthia rothrock ass kicking female
½ May 2, 2007
this is good and has david carradine in it from kung fu both cynthia and david play good parts in this
½ April 29, 2007
Can't go wrong with Cynthia Rothrock. You just can't.
deano
April 1, 2007
Chad McQueen (Steve's real-life son) and Cynthia Rothrock are cool as cops use hands and feet to fight crime.