Marvel's The Avengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marvel's The Avengers Reviews

Page 2 of 1904
April 10, 2017
Awesome! Funny and brilliant cast!
April 2, 2017
Being a film that could have ended up being a mess, Marvel's The Avengers balances all of its huge personalities out wonderfully, and has a great action packed story. Also finally seeing these characters on screen together is just an all-out nerdgasm.
April 1, 2017
A bit too crazy and didn't live up to my expectations as much. It was great, but could have been better
March 30, 2017
Kein Meisterwerk, aber sehr, sehr unterhaltsam!
½ March 30, 2017
one of the best superhero movie's I've ever seen, sure it might be ever so slightly dated at this point, but the reason its so iconic is because it revolutionized Hollywood for better or worse, the avengers and films like the dark knight segmented their place in comic book movie history.
March 28, 2017
Greatest super hero movie ever!!! Don't fight me on this
March 25, 2017
Grand, giant and perfectly connected movie (instead of Age of Ultron whereby there is a lack of connection). Just second to iron man 1, not easy to top.
½ March 24, 2017
Edited (From 3 stars to 4.5): Saw this movie again before watching Civil War. Had seen it before but with a "looking forward to disliking it" attitude. Years and a rewatch later... wow. This movie is tight as hell. Less Robert Downey Jr and more Tony Stark, and cool it with the "yeah!!!" rock and roll (again, "Rockstar" Iron Man), but yeah...this movie is comics come to life. Knocked it outta the park Joss Whedon.
March 24, 2017
Watching this movie multiple times may have dented my appreciation for how good it actually is. The characters all feel like they get their own part of the film and not over-shadowed by the others. Some genuine laugh out loud moments and good relationships established between these characters. Maybe this was the time when a big swirling thing in the sky was a good way to end a movie but this has now become a bit stale.
½ March 23, 2017
I kind of remember this movie. But none of it was any good. Long and boring.
March 20, 2017
Although not the first super hero team up , but still this movie was better than X-men 1 and this also had great sense of humor and great performances by the actors.
½ March 20, 2017
A bland 2 hour toy commercial with no story or conflict between the characters. Remind me again why Joss Whedon is a good director?
March 19, 2017
Not a big fan of the franchise
March 18, 2017
Incomparable with other blockbuster hits such as The Dark Knight or Spider-Man 2 due to its join up of other MCU characters. Therefore comparing to the other join up of hero movies, The Avengers is down as the greatest of all time in my book. This is what marvel was building up in the MCU, and they showed up! My Score: 99%
March 18, 2017
I liked this movie a lot because they all work together!!!
½ March 12, 2017
the best action in any movie other than transformers 3. very funny. great intensity. entertaining to the max (4 viewings)
March 12, 2017
A very witty film, especially any scene that involved Iron Man, but it still had many imperfections. The major imperfection being the implausibility of the big fight scene finale. I know what you're thinking, it's a Marvel film, of course there are going to be implausibilities. Now I'm happy to accept Implausible characters, but I'm much less happy to accept implausible situations. The whole film is building up to some major alien invasion, which in the end turns out to be fairly minor. Seriously, do these aliens not have missiles or drones? Then you have The Avengers themselves. Now I understand that Black Widow and Hawkeye do have roles to play on the team but in the final battle they wouldn't last very long at all. They have no super powers, no fancy armour and fairly rubbish weapons. This alien attack force really is quite terrible to not even manage to kill them. Added to that are all the unnecessary scientific inaccuracies throughout the film that I'd hoped we'd see less of with this being directed and co-written by the man behind Firefly. All in all enjoyable but not one of the best Marvel films out there.
March 11, 2017
How many fucking times does the movie have to stop to be cute? Besides that, this is one of the premier comic book films of our age. It's fun, energetic, colorful. I only wish there could be more weight added to the scenarios in these kinds of films, as demolishing cities to their foundations are getting a bit tiresome. The actors best carry that weight, certainly more than the visual fx department, and bring the only real life to this otherwise popcorn fantasy.
March 8, 2017
Although, at the time, it was nice seeing a number of superheroes in a single film for the very first time, the enjoyment wears off rather quick and The Avengers isn't all that entertaining.
March 7, 2017
One of my favourite movies of all time.
Marvel pulled off what many thought couldn't be done.
Just a fantastic film through and through.
Though this isn't the longest review I have done, it is just I could go on for a very long time about how awesome this film is. Acting, action, everything is very, very good.
95%.