Mary Magdalene Reviews

• Jan 22, 2020

I related to this character so much it brought me to tears. I realize not everybody is going to appreciate the quality, substance, and relatability of this film, but for me? It's five stars.

• Jan 16, 2020

A pure, not interesting fiction story with actors that don' t fit.

A pure, not interesting fiction story with actors that don' t fit.

• Dec 25, 2019

Poetic and beautiful. Phoenix does a Jesus befitting of all kinds of expectations and holds it all together

• Dec 18, 2019

Very underrated movie! Great cinematography, amazing musical score, and some bold story telling from Mary Magdalene's point of view. I could tell many scriptures were sourced, from the synoptic gospels to the less known apocryphons and Nag Hammadi scriptures recently uncovered. Acting was great with the 2 leads having good chemistry. Compelling performances. Recommended

• Nov 13, 2019

This is ☝️ trash bro really really memo

This is ☝️ trash bro really really memo

• Nov 03, 2019

It is like a seed. A single grain of mustard seed, which a woman took and sowed in her garden. And it grew, and it grew. And the birds of the air made nests in its branches.

• Oct 29, 2019

Ain't much of Mary Magdalene, but as far as it is for entertainment, I am okay with it.

• Oct 16, 2019

I am mainly writing this review to tell people to ignore the reviews going, "PATRIARCHY REE, MARY WAS USED AS A PROSTITUTE REE". I'm not even a Christian and I know my basics. The prostitute story was most likely a lie made by the catholic church because they were an actual patriarchy. They didn't like the idea of mary and etc. So I find these reviews stupid for saying they didn't portray the troubles of Mary's life as a prostitute or being used as a prostitute for the disciples. I don't even know where some people got the latter. Like jeez, if you see a religious move at least know the basics about the subject.

• Sep 19, 2019

A very realistic look into the times of Jesus. A wonderful portrayal of Mary Magdalene.

• Sep 19, 2019

Don't trust the reviews...they had their own agenda. Instead, read a little about the times and how the overwhelming male ego turned the prime disciple into a prostitute.