Mary Poppins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mary Poppins Reviews

June 5, 2016
Just a spoonful of this movie will bring the kid out of all of us enjoying every minute of the fascinating nanny with her magical bag in a musical suitable for even a parent to endure.
½ May 27, 2016
Mary Poppins is beautiful in every aspect of the word
May 17, 2016
one of the best ever, saw it on the big screen when I was in elementary school
May 13, 2016
I love this movie soon much
½ May 7, 2016
Fun family movie, but too much laughing. They look (and sound) drunk as a skunk.
May 1, 2016
MARY POPPINS IS MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!! One of my ABSOLUTE childhood favourites X)
April 17, 2016
This is a very good musical and good fantasy it is interesting how Mary Poppins has powers Mary Poppins is a little funny. I don't like how it takes place in London. It is cool to see Mary Poppins fly in the beginning of the movie I think people will like this movie. My favorite character in this movie is Burt.
April 13, 2016
Julie Andrews at her best - phenomenal. The happiness, magic, and interactions with the children are brilliant and make this the classic it is.
½ April 9, 2016
While the Banks family, particularly Mr Banks, remain the centrepiece of the melodrama of Mary Poppins, it's the positive influence of Poppins on everybody that makes the 50 year old Disney flick such a joy to watch now. Julie Andrews is a master of the silver screen and doesn't tap a foot wrong, so it's no wonder the camera keeps cutting back to her during the best dance numbers, even when she's merely stationary. Much of the fantasy and animation feels dated, along with some of the plotlines, but modern audiences can still be swayed by at least half of the songs and almost all of the time that either Dick van Dyke or Julie Andrews are in shot.
March 23, 2016
Wonderful film. One of my all time favourites, Julie Andrews makes this movie what it is. She has such a presence and you can't help but watch and listen to her in awe. I love this film.
March 17, 2016
Julie Andrews is just the best
March 10, 2016
It wasn't my favorite, really. I did not like it that much. Still a good movie though.
February 8, 2016
Classic, but not the strongest movie ever.
February 4, 2016
Mary Poppins is a legendary piece of art.
January 31, 2016
A timeless family musical classic, highlighted by Van Dyke's prodigious energy, luxuriant sets, lilting and amusingly melodic music, and witty - and impeccably sentimental - scenarios. Apparently, this was Julie Andrews' first appearance on the screen - and she certainly triumphed, performing and singing with ease and grace, displaying a fresh type of beauty that adapted perfectly to to the then-new colour cameras.
January 31, 2016
best live action disney film
January 28, 2016
There is not much one can say about how great this Disney film is. Some special effects were groundbreaking for its time. This is a showcase for the underrated brilliance of Dick Van Dyke, the triple threat of acting, singing and dancing. He even plays multiple roles! People tend to forget that John Ritter owes everything to the physical comedy of Van Dyke, whom he obviously studied carefully and paled in comparison. Van Dyke was a giant in his time, and the Dick Van Dyke show was another testament to this. David MacAlister is great in his role as well. Oh yeah, and Julie Andrews is pretty good as Mary Poppins as well.
January 18, 2016
It's Mary Poppins. You can't hate Mary Poppins.
January 18, 2016
Disney's early-20th century fantasy is as charming and whimsical as it is emotionally affecting. The dreamlike environment and catchy songs transport the audience to a unique world in which anything can happen. It's a bright, colorful yarn, but it also has it's fair share of heartfelt moments that depict the more morose side of growing up.
½ January 18, 2016
The half star is for Dick Van Dyke's wonderful performance. The rest of the film resulted in this being the only positive element i found. I love children's films and classic musicals, but overextended dance numbers combined with overly simplistic songs (only improved by Andrews's beautiful voice) AND a terrible finale left me bored out of my mind and terribly disappointed. Fiddler on the Roof is a much better musical, appealing to most every audience. At least they told the truth about one thing: the sound of the S song was quite atrocious.