Masoom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Masoom Reviews

July 25, 2014
Bring a box of tissues. Dated production but awesome emotion and progressive story for the time.
July 10, 2012
A touching movie. My little baby loves the song 'lakri ki kathi'.
December 6, 2011
Beautiful actress, amazing perfomance by children, especially Mini) and life-story that can happen with any family but ending can be different..
October 16, 2010
Shekhar Kapur's first film as a director is one of the most critically acclaimed Indian films of the disastrous 80's and having watched it long ago when I was a small kid, I decided to revisit it tonight. And it did not go in vain as the movie had some of the finest performances by Naseerudin Shah and Shabana Azmi, making their characters feel so real despite the most simple and realistic dialogues. Same goes for the kids and all other artists even in the smallest of roles. The way Shekhar Kapur handled the complex themes of guilt, love and responsibility is outstanding! I say this is a must watch even today; grab it if you haven't seen it.
November 30, 2009
Gr8 movie..Gr8 direction.Love it.
October 17, 2009
The story of a couple dealing with the consequences of infidelity and an innonent child caught in the cross-fire. Great effort for Shekar Kapur's directorial debut.
½ September 17, 2009
Awesome movie...!!!!!!!
July 8, 2009
The power of love and the family...I have watched this movie 4 or 5 times, and I am impressed with the subject matter and the way with which Gulzar has written it and Shekhar Kapur has directed it...Shekhar Kapoor shows the world how Indian movies could be..The boy in it is absolutely adorable, as are the daughters.And of course, who could forget the great acting of Shabana Azmi and Naseerudin Shah as the husband and wife...Masoom had excellent music too....Huzoor is Kadar, Lakdi Ki Kaathi, Tujhse Naaraz Nahin. A perfect 5 from me for this perfect film...
½ May 29, 2009
agood story with wonderful songs!
January 25, 2009
A good set-up, but nothing is actually resolved.(which was a huge waste of Shabana Azmi.)