The Master Touch Reviews

• Apr 15, 2015

Really only boasts that 1972 charm, but takes a long time to accomplish anything, offering a few, slim action scenes. I claim to love 1970s cinema, yet today's action movies have spoiled me.

• Jul 27, 2014

• Nov 12, 2013

Heist film. Kirk Douglas stars as a man in Germany who can't avoid a million dollars. See the film at the 37 minute mark for a good to great car chase. Music composer Ennio Morricone of Good Bad the Ugly fame provides the music soundtrack. [img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxdZ3NvUPxJL39eRvnUgPe0AvNvULOUprbuFeeSkk_jnq8QbOR[/img] A just released from prison professional thief (Douglas) decides to do one last high-risk heist, which could settle him for life or land him behind bars again. SEE that car chase here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyMWZpq76ig The Master Touch (Italian: Un uomo da rispettare) is a 1972 Italian / West German crime film directed by Michele Lupo starring Kirk Douglas and Florinda Bolkan. The film is also known as A Man to Respect in the Philippines and the USA. [img]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/l8etImHT4-k/hqdefault.jpg[/img] Kirk Douglas as the master thief REVIEWS: 1 The film itself is fairly entertaining, if not for the antiquated technologies regarded as cutting edge, and Douglas' sharp suits. Features some fairly hairy car-chases esp. considering the lack of special effects but long (and decidedly cheesy) romantic interludes with Anna. 2 Very cool underated movie. [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y3ZBvE5GY3Q/UNEJHIrcfEI/AAAAAAAADBw/q9kL5kdPuyk/s1600/TMT.jpg[/img] The trapeze man accomplice left and Douglas right SEE the entire film here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMAZ5X2CBQ0 Kirk Douglas as Steve Wallace Giuliano Gemma as Marco Florinda Bolkan as Anna Wolfgang Preiss as Miller Reinhard Kolldehoff as Detective Hoffman Romano Puppo as Miller's Lieutenant Bruno Corazzari as Eric John Bartha as Murdered Security Guard Allen Stanley [img]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Eic4vuHVxCM/hqdefault.jpg[/img] Directed by Michele Lupo Produced by Manolo Bolognini (executive producer) Marina Cicogna (producer) Written by Roberto Leoni (story) Franco Bucceri (story) Nico Ducci (screenplay) Michele Lupo (screenplay) Mino Roli (screenplay) Music by Ennio Morricone Cinematography Tonino Delli Colli Editing by Antonietta Zita Release date(s) 8 December 1972 Running time 112 minutes 95 minutes (DVD) Country Italy, West Germany Language English [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/TheMasterTouch.jpg/220px-TheMasterTouch.jpg[/img]

• Feb 26, 2012

Another example of late-60s/early-70s cinema that takes an idea for a perfectly good movie and waters it down in half-baked "character development" and boring side-plots. The car chase is pretty good, but does nothing to advance the plot. Considering that it is Kirk Douglas's job to crack a "fool-proof safe" in a dangerous heist, a little more attention to the details of the actual crime would have been a welcome substitute to, for example, a scene where all the lead characters go bowling (yes, this actually happens). It almost seemed as though the heist itself was an afterthought.

• Jul 26, 2011

A totally underwhelming Italian crime drama starring Kirk Douglas and featuring a completely fantastic car chase/stunt scene. Seriously, the car scene is awesome.

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    May 08, 2011

First thing that surprised me about this film was the fact that here was Kirk Douglas in an Italian Crime Drama. I tried to see if lips matched words in order to see if Italian actors spoke Italian or English with dubs. As far as I can tell it was all English. This came from the film company Brentwood Home Video, who put out a 10 Movie Collection Called Crime Wave. Kirk Douglas plays a safe cracker who is going to do one last job. What he doesn't realize is his partner is having an affair with Douglas wife. SO the two are going to run off with the money while Douglas does time. Many twist and turns, some good fight scenes and One really go and about the best car chase scene that I've ever seen on film. 3 1/2 stars

• Aug 18, 2009

I liked this one for Douglas's performance, suspense and drama.

I liked this one for Douglas's performance, suspense and drama.