Masterpiece Classic Reviews

• Jul 16, 2014

A wonderful remake. The fabulous Elle Kendrick plays Anne who is also Meera in Game of Thrones and Tamsin Greig from Episodes. There are some really lovely moments in amidst the horror of the holocaust.

• May 26, 2013

Recordando.... me quiero leer el libro de nuevo.

Recordando.... me quiero leer el libro de nuevo.

• May 19, 2013

Anne Frank played by Ellie Kendrick writes in her diary she received on her 13th birthday. Under the conditions of living in a secret annex with 8 other people, hiding from the nazis, she writes in her diary. The diary has been made into many movies and this is my favorite.

• Jan 02, 2013

No ratings? I thought this movie was huge "out there". Watch it!

No ratings? I thought this movie was huge "out there". Watch it!

• Oct 14, 2012

The diary of Anne Frank is alright. I'm reading a copy of the diary right now. GRADE:C-

• Oct 06, 2012

This BBC telling of "The Diary of Anne Frank" is absolutely chilling. Although it originally appeared as a mini-series, it contains the emotional drama of any great Hollywood film. Anne Frank (played by Ellie Kendrick) is not glamourized; instead, she is raw, moody, and believable. The realism of this character makes the entire story that much sadder as we slowly accept the truth of this story. The plight of the Franks shows how quickly the Jews went from affluent citizens to impoverished victims during the second World War. The film also makes a strong statement about materialism and the truly important things in life. This rendition feels very historic due to the quality of acting provided by the entire cast. From the desparation in the characters' faces during a burglary to the inevitably heartbreaking ending, "The Diary of Anne Frank" is a piece of history that every person worldwide needs to see.

• Aug 20, 2012

got very emotional at the end..left me crying for hours thinking of anne frank..fantastic acting from the girl who played anne frank..

• Jun 14, 2012

not a gritty enough depiction of what it would of really been like... the older film seemed alot more realistic... + the accents are too british... not a bad movie though it was atmospheric and it had some good acting

• Jun 09, 2012

Sad and frightning, Diary of Anne Frank is another great adaptation of Anne Frank's personal diary.

• Jun 08, 2012

This five half hour segment BBC drama based on the famed diary does not glamorize what it was like for so many to live in cramped quarters. It is raw, personal and very realistic-- filled with teenage angst, puppy love, fears, anger, and musings about life and wanting life to have meaning. This is not an action film, nor does it deal with what happens after the arrest. I think it works better in the 5 parts instead of as an all in one viewing. Ellie Kendrick's performance is terrific.