Mataharis Reviews

• Jan 30, 2018

Complex, like all movies from Iciar Bollaín. The more I think of it, the more I love it.

• Aug 20, 2015

Bollain suceeds in teling the story of three women at different ages working as private detectives. The structure of three characters is enough to portray a story about secrets that slowly become crucial in the understanding of each character. This story does not entertain in depicting characters in full detail, but in giving the viewer enough material to reveal these women's inner conflicts.

• Nov 11, 2012

Interesting take on three female detectives 'spying' on their own lives, however the movie is far from perfect. Amongst the three arcs, only Carmen's story is close to being wholesome (with a great ending), while the other two arcs are really just extras in my opinion, as they lacked substance and failed to stand out as complete stories of their own. This is the main drawback to my rating, otherwise if the script were to be adjusted to provide more colour into Ines' and Eva's arcs and somehow intertwined the three stories together in a good way, this film could have easily been a 4.5 star. Pity.

Jan Marc M Super Reviewer
    Sep 16, 2011

In a serene chaos and an immaculate irony, Mataharis delivers the account of three female professionals each confronted by dilemma. A genuine drama that mimics reality, Mataharis is an advocacy recognizing the vulnerability and celebrating the strengths of women. Solid.

• Feb 16, 2011

Really good movie and good casting. Icíar Bollaín is one of the few to save from Spanish movies.

• Jun 27, 2010

Me encantó.La pusieron hace 2 sábados noche y disfruté mucho.Tristán Ulloa y Nawja Nimri son geniales y después de verla en Los Girasoles ciegos soy fan absoluta de Maria Vazquez.

• Apr 15, 2010

Buen Filme... Sencillo pero emotivo... Los dramas personales de las protagonistas emocionan y atrapan, la manera de mostrar las relaciones personales y como pueden complicarse fue lo que mas me atrajo de esta cinta... es de esas nada pretenciosas, pero que logran mucho...

• Oct 17, 2009

The stories of the lady detectives had potential, but this film didn't use it. The tempo of the film was somewhat slow, I actually fell asleep at one point...

• Jun 16, 2009

Interpretaciones irregulares en ambientes algo sórdidos que manifiestan la necesidad de mejora del cine español.

• May 16, 2009

Aburrida... tanto como la vida misma...

Aburrida... tanto como la vida misma...