Mater and the Ghostlight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mater and the Ghostlight Reviews

July 5, 2015
Mater is my favorite, he's awesome. He's my spirit animal.
June 27, 2015
Silly and harmless fun.
½ June 30, 2013
It's an interesting short but not the best one they've done cars wise.
June 26, 2013
Mater having fun with the folks of Radiator Springs.
May 4, 2013
Mater seems to have suddenly become something of an A-List Disney/Pixar character. It's somewhat baffling too because he isn't actually very interesting. Nonetheless this is a relatively satisfying offshoot from Cars.
February 13, 2013
I love these Mater Tales
October 16, 2012
Great Pixar short.....
April 25, 2012
Terrible. Not the worse by Pixar, but it was pretty bad. Basically a re-cap of cars, but in a short film and Mater is the main character. 2/5
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting.
½ March 7, 2012
No, come on now, no more Mater. He was a cute sidekick in the first film, now it's getting ridiculous.
January 23, 2012
Cute, my son LOVES it
January 2, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Cars. My biggest issue with Cars probably comes from the character of Mater, played by the awful stand up comic known as Larry the Cable Guy. I've never liked Larry, I find his comedy weak and his voice irritating. So this short focuses on the weak link of a movie I didn't find nearly as strong as some of Pixar's other...so yeah, this is not really my favorite thing they've produced.
October 22, 2011
Entertaining for kids, but Cars never really caught my imagination, neither does Mater.
October 1, 2011
not interested it this .... ;p
October 1, 2011
Doesn't look that funny.
August 4, 2011
June 24, 2011
A very funny Pixar film based on, "Cars" that shows that the only thing you really need to be scared of...is your imagination...and the Screaming Banshee.
½ May 17, 2011
I wasn't a big fan of 'Cars' and thought it was a real low point in the Pixar cannon; rather unsurprisingly I'm not all that fond of Mater and the Ghostlight either - it seems to have the same rushed through feeling as cars; like they almost couldn't be bothered to come up with a decent plot. The storyline is pretty weak, the characters aren't great and this is no way up to the usual standard of Pixar shorts. I expect more from Pixar and most of the time I get my way.
½ December 3, 2010
mixed feelings about this short. didn't care much for cars, mater, and i dont even think this is on par for pixar shorts; at the same time, i was impressed that they could make something more enjoyable than cars itself
½ October 19, 2010
I really like Cars but I don't like Mater. I find him very annoying. The Story about him scared about the ghost Light is ok. The Animations are brilliant.