Mater and the Ghostlight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mater and the Ghostlight Reviews

September 17, 2010
I actually thought Mater from Cars was pretty funny, but this was surprisingly boring.
August 22, 2010
I love all the cars shorts.
This was the first.
August 4, 2010
The short film is very funny due to a gag just for a few funny moments as it is too repetitive, the idea of the horror stories would be better to find and the ending is disappointing. The worst animated short pixar.
½ July 28, 2010
Not one of the best Pixar shorts. This might be because I dont hold Cars in the greatest of lights to begin with, but in comparison to the many great Pixar moments, both in the longer format and in their short form, this holds the least appeal for me. Its good, goofy and well made...but its Cars...and like I said...I just didnt love it.
½ April 5, 2010
I love the Pixar short films based from the CGI animation features. So in this short, it's about Mater and how cowardly he is. The others make up a ghost story and Mater freaks out. It's all great fun for the kids.
deano
½ April 4, 2010
March 14, 2010
Love short animations especially when they are from my favorite cartoon movie
ElCochran90
February 25, 2010
The worst you will be able to see from Pixar, it surpasses the randomness and mediocrity of Mike's New Car and it even resembles an episode of Spongebob! 'Nuff said.

46/100
½ December 2, 2009
A short and refreshing ghost story.
November 22, 2009
Cute and funny stuff, but not a movie. Just an animated short by Pixar that they tack onto the extras of the movie DVDs. Funny stuff.
August 31, 2009
this is funny! and the same time silly. if you are someone who likes jokes and at the same time is a noob, i recommend you to watch.
½ August 9, 2009
Brad Paisley song at the beginning and the end. Kinda funny. They scared Mater (Larry the Cable Guy)
July 9, 2009
Following on from the action in Cars, the town is all being subject to practical jokes from Mater the tow truck. Generally the quality of this movie is high which will come as no surprise to anyone who understands how high the Pixar bar is set. However nobody can hit every time and for me Cars was OK but certainly nothing all that special in terms of the material. This short continues that trend and also focuses on one of the weaker characters in Mater. The material is straightforward and pretty much comes down to a series of comic over-reactions from Mater to a light. And that's about it. For younger viewers it has enough energy and timing to provide plenty of amusement but those looking for the edge of adult wit and comedy beloved of Pixar will find themselves wanting.
June 29, 2009
Mater is so cute when the ghost light is following him
June 12, 2009
Great Pixar short.....
April 25, 2009
Oh yeah! hahaha! Funny!
½ February 28, 2009
god for a 7 min movie without using PIXAR amazing abilities....it was good 7 min of a movie i liked it
February 16, 2009
Mater e a Luz Fantasma
February 9, 2009
I love mater cars is my fav