The Matrix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reviews

August 14, 2016
The best film of '99 by a mile and a sci-fi classic.
August 9, 2016
apresentando um fantástico universo de Ficção cientifica,além dos sensacionais efeitos visuais e fantásticas montagens The Matrix é um filme que será lembrado como Clássico eternamente.
August 8, 2016
Action-packed, imaginative, thought-provoking and full of spectacular special effects, The Matrix not only made The Wachowskis famous but, thanks to an excellent cast (including Hugo Weaving in one of his most memorable roles as Agent Smith the main villain), the 4th highest-grossing film of 1999 remains one of the best sci-fi films ever made.
½ August 7, 2016
Todo un clásico de las películas de acción. Eso sí, hoy en día parece algo desfasada, se notan mucho sus inconsistencias, es severamente pretenciosa, y con muchos errores de continuidad, producción, o incluso lógica a un nivel básico, y decir que los actores "Actúan" es un cumplido que le queda enorme.
Pero a pesar de todo, logra ser una obra de acción que ha trascendido su contexto histórico y se ha convertido en todo un referente a pesar de no contener ni una sola idea o concepto original, además de aún ser muy disfrutable de ver hoy en día, con o sin nostalgia.
August 7, 2016
The Wachowski's one hit wonder that blended sci-fi, action and a bit of neo-noir to make your adrenaline pick and your brain gears move, is the most pleasing effort by the two siblings that definitly achived classic status with this one.
August 7, 2016
The best of the Matrix films and very original.
August 4, 2016
One of the Greatest and most influential movies I have ever seen.
August 3, 2016
Re-watching some sci-fi classics with my son. This film has retained it's charm, even though you can now tell that it is 20 years since the special effects were groundbreaking. Not a five, nigh prefect film, as I remembered it, but still, a solid story based on a really good idea, and some very cool characters and scenes to boot. Now, did I ever watch the sequels? Don't think so...
½ July 30, 2016
amazing movie that stands the test of time. creative and unique premise and story. creative and unique action sequences. some of the best fight sequences in any non-asian movie i've seen. some of the most intense and suspenseful scenes. awesome directing and beautiful shots. concepts that make you think, this movie really has everything. the only flaw i can think of is some bad acting by a few of the supporting actors. this movie had SO much bad-ass-ness (about 3 viewings)
July 30, 2016
A very different film but it worked well, Very good plot even though it can be hard to explain, And brilliant action scenes that make this film stand out from other films.
July 28, 2016
God this movie was AWESOME! Just watch it. Although the ending is pretty stupid, but I don't care.
July 25, 2016
With awesome over the top action set pieces and rootable characters that actually get hurt, The Matrix clearly set up the future for all action movies to have their own colour tint. But I think we forget just how bad some of the acting was... everyone accept Hugo Weaving, he's awesome.

July 17, 2016
Unique, groundbreaking and an enigma of cinema. The Matrix revolutionized action film making. It is difficult to lump The Matrix into any category as it is in a category by itself. Keanu Reeves is largely defined by his role as Neo, a Christ-figure in an alternate reality - our version of reality.

The film is largely a genius interpretation of Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" from his ancient philosophical book on politics, The Republic. To understand Plato's Allegory from over 2,000 years ago and the meaning within The Matrix is to understand the world as we know it. The concept is abstract to the masses, but by understanding these themes, one transcends society as we are led to believe it.

There is much more to this film than simply a science-fiction, action film.
July 14, 2016
One of my favourite films that leaves me mind blown every time I watch it.
July 11, 2016
It's alright. Groundbreaking for it's time, but the years haven't been kind to this movie. I will give it the credit it deserves in some cool ideas and some good action, but a lot of the philosophical seeds don't grow into much.
July 9, 2016
Definitely one of the mind-blowing and cinema technique changing modern classics.
½ July 8, 2016
I can't believe I went back and watched this thing like twenty years later. This is the only movie that can do bullet-time, full-circle stop-motion, or vertical lines of fading green text without being an overt reference to "The Matrix", because it actually is "The Matrix". When you watch it, you'll feel like you've been sucked into some really cheap cliche but that's because here it is, every innovation in the last twenty years of action filmmaking in one little capsule. It's like finding out that eggs and ham isn't really a traditional breakfast, or that diamonds aren't really traditional engagement ring stones, that somebody made that shit up so recently it's barely had time to collect social security. Well "The Matrix" isn't even old enough to legally drink, yet. 2.5/5
July 3, 2016
The Matrix is definitely iconic, you pretty much HAVE to see it at least once. Problem for me is the more I watch it the more the acting grates on my nerves. It was so innovative and stylish that it was very easy to look past when it first came out.
July 2, 2016
The only movie I've ever seen 5 times, 2 continents.