Maus Reviews

• Feb 20, 2020

The movie is absolute shit

The movie is absolute shit

• Feb 18, 2020

Don't even know where to start. But perhaps the overuse of black screens, screen flashes and lots of random high pitched noises or the fact that the entire movie was confusing and unexplained. Nothing really made sense and the fact that this is advertised as a horror movie, but wasn't scary at all, puts it in the dirt. On top of the whole movie being unexplained, they also gave us a ridiculously confusing ending. The movie was just terrible, it had a lot of potential.

• Sep 14, 2019

Don't waste your time with this movie, it's not interesting, and just a confusing mess, that has no realism.

• Aug 15, 2019

Breathtakingly bad movie. The whole movie is close-ups of the back of the characters heads. The setting and basic premise were good - but it went nowhere with these potentialities, quickly devolving into cheap ethnic tropes: Bloodthirsty Bosniaks and rapist Serbs. What a pity.

• Aug 11, 2019

I've seen reviews praising this movie for its technical achievements in almost all categories. Really? The director must have had such a thin budget he couldn't afford wide angle lenses, huh. The overuse of extreme close ups, selective focus and this extreme fixation on the actors' napes, and backside of their skulls was nauseating! If you'd attempt to watch this movie, I suggest you keep score of the number of these shots ... I lost count. Terrible!

• May 21, 2019

this movie starts out with some interest - but then falls apart, particularly when the "thing" comes out of the forest.

• Apr 25, 2019

The maus is captivating at first glance, but it then drifts away from the audience as it does not add any sence to the elements that are shown through the recurring events of the film.

• Feb 24, 2019

As a Serbian, I can say that the dierctor depicted the mentality of ex-yugoslavian people and the psychological impact the war has left on them. It was honestly hard for me to believe that direector is doesn't have any yugoslavian background, since he has depicted the post-war ethnic tension so authentically . I am impressed. I just didn't understand the ending, though...

• Oct 12, 2018

Slow burn. But Selma 'Alma Terzic' raises the bar of this film with her acting chops .The film will make you think after the credits roll. PTSD I believe is the point of the ending scene .

• Aug 11, 2018

A young couple head off through the woods for an adventure. The car breaks down and some Euro hillbilly show up. There's racial and sexual tension. In this Forest Thriller, the camera lingers a long time on the heroines face. Or it stares off into the distance. You can kind of understand what the director is going for, but it seems awkward and forced.