Mauvais Sang - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mauvais Sang Reviews

August 5, 2012
A wonderful film by Carax and while there is an element of science fiction, it's as much about the heist, the love story - and many other subplots. Shot in the style of early Godard, with passing nods to several other directors.
May 4, 2012
Et si on disait que c'etait une histoire du cinema? On disait ça? Mauvais sang, remake de Pierrot le fou? Ou de A bout de souffle? Ou de...
½ September 29, 2011
One of the films I deeply love and admire since watching for the first time. This film has everything I, and hopefully you, expect, that is, love, violence, action (guns), music, beautiful girls... everything. One of the rare films in which auteur's impulsive and instinctive composition of images and direction to actors and well-planed mise-en-scene.
September 27, 2011
April 25, 2011
Lo único que me pregunto al mirarte es si darás más asco muerto que vivo.
April 25, 2011
1. Cada vez me gusta mas ver salir las balas de mi cañon de pistola.
2. Lo único que me pregunto al mirarte es si darás más asco muerto que vivo.
3. Lanzaste frases como cuchillos y lo pagáras, envejecerás deprisa, todo eso que viste y leiste te hicieron precoz.
4. Si un día me dejarás de querer, ¿Te atreverías a decírmelo?
January 18, 2011
film guzel guzel olmasina...ama bes yildizi alan aslinda juliette binoche ve julie delpy...
July 15, 2010
de jonge julie delpy!
de jonge juliette binoche!
June 6, 2010
Anaïs is Anna is Anaïs. Love the scene where Alex is running to Bowie's modern love. Love the primary colors in the movie. Love Denis Lavant's ventriloquist skills. Best Carax' movie.
April 10, 2010
The Alex Trilogy which is made up of this "Boy Meets Girl" and "The Lovers On The Bridge" is a great cinematic treasure, everyone who likes movies should try to watch. I guarantee anyone who watches this will at least like one. This sci-fi/heist movie second part of the trilogy is set in a world of venereal disease where "The Love without Love" sex without love, can be fatal. Alex is the son of a great thief, whose old mates hire him in the hopes that the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. Alex falls in love Juliette Binoche, one of his fellow criminals daughter/lover(I was a bit confused about that part). Nothing else needs to be said because nothing else is important. Leos Carax's films are poetry they whimsical and stylish and romantic and personal and frenzied. Cinema is a stage where Carax's Alex finds himself repeatedly at odds with the world and in search of connection, sometimes he finds it, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he, lives sometimes he dies. The only constants are David Bowie songs, dancing, and general awesomeness. Denis Lavant's rocket sprint to "Modern Love" is as close to sublime as movies get.
April 4, 2010
A movie for the insanely romantic. The people whose lives spiral into extended metaphors on a moment-to-moment basis. For the people fascinated with the details of life, that fall in love with every pore of the woman in which they gaze at. A movie that is determined to explore the possibilities of cinema, love, memory, time, space, human beings. Beautiful, beautiful, and most beautiful.
February 19, 2010
The attention to detail and the insightful romantic themes of Truffaut, the poetic grandiosity of Resnais, and the freewheeling, "pure cinema" spirit of Godard. It adds up to something touching, joyous yet melancholy, beautifully done with interesting cinematic techniques and great splashes of color. And it's wrapped around an intriguing crime story (shades of Melville and Dassin). Among a series of terrific scenes, the "Modern Love" sequence is unforgettable.
February 3, 2010
Controlled, stylish drama another romanic tale under the style of Leos Carax. It may not be everyones type of a romatic story, yet Carax has his own input, his own artistic style and if you like it, this one is made for you.
½ September 26, 2009
Kind of a like a much more romantic Nouvelle Vague Godard film with Denis Lavant as his Belmondo and Juliette Binoche as his Karina. The noir heist plot is just an afterthought to the main fireworks between the main characters. Lavant is of course amazing.
September 26, 2009
Having been a huge fan of Carax' "Les Amants du Pont Neuf" for a long tme, it was not without expectations I went for this earlier movie with Pont Neuf-stars, Juliette Binoche, Hans Meyer and the brilliant and underestimated Denis Lavant. This is obvio a cinema du look-film - the French 80's-wave of movies whose trademark was a slick visual style. Like other films from this wave, Carax also has his main foucs on themes like alienated youth and missed love affairs mixed into a universe of crime tangle-up's and obscure poetic goals. Like it is the case with other cinema du look-films, "Mauvais Sang" fails to really get to you emotionally. It is the kind of film you endure rather than enjoy. So despite the interesting - but sometimes too pretentious - aesthetics it gets booring in the end. Sadly.
September 22, 2009
Audacious. Stylish. Intimate. I don't know how I missed this the first time round. Felt the last 20 mins undermined it a little the execution and the concessions to genre lacked the earlier panache. . But the scenes of seduction, the whispers over the faint roar of night were magic. I relish this directors all out approach to themes of love. I don't think I've seen a film that took so many risks and won me over instanly rather than pissing me off. Most if it is sublimely directed. I can easily forgive M Carax for that dull segment on Tokyo now. What babies Juliette and Denis both look!
August 25, 2009
chaque plan me bouleverse de beauté et d'intelligence, Lavant/Binoche au sommet de leur art . Carax/Lavant sont des génies malheureusement trop rare en salle...
May 21, 2009
..dreamy, romance, comedy, thriller - everything together and in an original techniques..
April 22, 2009
It's certainly an interesting film. Carax uses some interesting techniques to impart an almost unworldly, dreamlike feel. Unfortunately some of these same techniques come off as a bit too self-congratulating. Still, that Modern Love scene was pretty damn cool and both Delpy and Binoche are just lovely in this.