Max Dugan Returns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Max Dugan Returns Reviews

½ April 30, 2016
Mediocre at best. The script is just not funny.
½ January 17, 2016
At times funny with a cleverly written script, formulaic points and appealing cast, but it's also affective as in you'll feel Mason's character's stress levels. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ December 3, 2015
I guess you'd enjoy it if you're a fan of Matthew Broderick.
½ April 11, 2015
Robards is very good in this little family friendly fable.
½ August 28, 2014
Great flick... it was recommended by a friend... and now I recommended it!
April 22, 2014
Very easy to enjoy. Great cast, clever story. Very funny and has a heart.
March 1, 2014
Classy! Memorable characters! Fun to watch! I like it!
August 26, 2012
Jason Robards is great
January 29, 2012
Although it's one Neil Simon's lesser known movies, I think it's one of his best and certainly his sweetest. Not much happens as far as the plot is concerned, but the magic is in the performances. Marsha Mason and Matthew Broderick are able to rattle off funny one-liners while remaining believable as mother and son.
November 12, 2011
Jason Robards is great
July 7, 2011
I love this film and Max Dugan!
June 11, 2011
Underrated little gem written and produced by the great Neil Simon. Stars the great Marsha Mason, a very young Matthew Broderick and the always amazing Jason Robards. This one stands the test of time..
½ May 28, 2011
Matthew Broderick is so cute in this movie, one of his first. It's also funny and sweet. I loved it.
½ March 19, 2011
Max Dugan Returns is an interesting film. It is about an English teacher who is not happy about the reunion with her favor. Marsha Mason and Jason Robards give awesome performances. The script is well written by Neil Simon. Herbert Ross did a great job directing the movie. I liked this motion picture because of the comedy and drama. Max Dugan Returns is a must see.
½ January 14, 2011
A great family comedy drama, again with the cute young Broderick, I loved this movie, it's charming. Oh, and just so you don't get confused like I did, this movie isn't a sequel to anything.
½ October 18, 2010
A strange film that I just loved!!!
June 27, 2010
My kids loved this movie. ....he grew whiskers on his chin again, shaved them off and they grew inagain! Fun...good times
August 11, 2009
i saw this when i was little...one of the first movies i remember loving
February 26, 2009
excellent movie with great actors/actresses and wonderful writing. the quotes back and forth are funny...when nora's car is stolen, the refrigerator is broke, she goes to answer the door and says - please let it be the united way....