Maximum Risk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maximum Risk Reviews

December 7, 2012
Would like to see sometime!
October 27, 2012
Natasha is amazing. Under rated movie!
September 24, 2012
Really good movie with a nice rollercoaster of a story. A lot of surprises and great action.
½ September 8, 2012
A noble attempt at making a good film, but ultimately there are just too many cliches and silly bits. Ringo Lam was a massive talent. For some reason that talent was largely squandered on bad movies.
July 29, 2012
I really love this one
June 22, 2012
one of the best of Van Damme with a sexy Henstridge i give a star extra
May 29, 2012
This one was a bit of a sleeper that came and went near the end of Jean-Claude Van Damme's commercial height. It actually makes for a fine, slow burn, Russian mafia crime thriller. Van Damme still does some kicking and there's some cool set pieces via director Ringo Lam, but this one is really more of a chase-mystery.
January 18, 2012
Just a weeee bit on the stupid side. I prefer if when Van Damme pokes fun at himself.
½ January 17, 2012
Not your typical Van Damme flick. This is a well-made action/thriller by Ringo Lam. Everything from the story, to dialogue, to set designs, to action and even acting (Zach Grenier's performance as Russian boss is particularly memorable) - It's all done just right. Simply a great package.
November 6, 2011
rusoiu ala din lift e pe masura lui tong po si bolo
buna gagica
October 18, 2011
A pretty good film actually. It didn't feel dated despite the fact it was released in 96'. Great action.
½ October 7, 2011
Rather improbable action/post-coldwar-russian-thugs vehicle. The 'twin brother' story has so much potential (even to those who know that twins are readily distinguishable by anyone truly familiar or intimate) and this is all wasted in favour of stereotypical russians-in-NewYork intereacting with stereotyped NewYork cops while a not-so-dumb blonde satisfies her lust for the man she believes dead, improbably restored.

So some audience male-fantasy is satisfied, and not much else.
September 11, 2011
Van Damme playing twins again, which seems to be a recurring theme for him for whatever reason. With a brother he never knew that he had killed, a French cop is forced to dig deeper into his life, in a trail that leads him to the super hot Natasha Henstridge, his dead brother's girlfriend. This is a very pleasant turn of events, I can assure you.

It's a watchable action flick, Henstridge is gorgeous, Van Damme is in top form here, give it a rental.
½ August 10, 2011
I didn't want to see this but there weren't any other movies :D
½ August 4, 2011
Maximum Risk is an okay film. It is about a policeman who takes his twin brother's identity and inherits his problems and lifestyle. Jean-Claude Van Damme gives a good performance. The script is well written (for an action movie) and is face paced. Ringo Lam does a decent job directing this movie. I like this motion picture for the action and adventure. Maximum Risk is fitting for a Friday night movie.
½ July 14, 2011
It was sort of a solid action flick but the story wasn't all that great.
March 18, 2011
One of the best action films I've seen in a while actually. Much better than most action movies today that always have the same plot... then you feel cheated as though you are watching the same movie over and over with different actors... LOL!
The action in this movie keeps you on your toes and a lot of it is hilarious. I aeriously am considering buying this movie now. Not every day that I rate something with 5 stars. The main actor(Jean-Claude Van Damme) did an amazing job and had similar qualities with Arnold the Terminator. The female actress was also very gorgeous and went well with Jean. :)
February 27, 2011