May God Forgive Us (Que Dios nos perdone) Reviews

• Jul 06, 2019

During the scorching summer of 2011 in bustling central Madrid and in the background of the imminent Papal visit, the metropolis pulsates with anticipation while thousands of pilgrims flock to the capital. However, in the bowels of the city, there is something sinister going on, as it seems that a string of sex-related homicides have been taking place under the nose of the police, nurturing a scandal that no one wants to break out. Under those circumstances, two investigators, the brilliant, yet eccentric Luis Velarde (Antonio de la Torre) and the hot-headed loose cannon Javier Alfaro (Roberto Álamo) must track down the sadistic and methodical serial killer in total secrecy. But to catch a killer, one must first keep his own demons at bay... "May God Save Us" or "Que Dios nos perdone" is an ok spanish dialogue driven gritty serial killer thriller. We get good acting (Antonio de la Torre is always a safe bet, but also an actor we have seen in a bit too many Spanish films), but the film is weaker in some of the dramatic scenes and in the dialogue in my opinion. It´s jumpy in the editing and scenes at times as well. Even if the film is a bit frantic, suspenseful and well directed by Rodrigo Sorogoyen, there´s nothing that really stands out in the screenplay or story. "May God Save Us" is ok and not much more.

• Nov 11, 2018

Excellent film, blissfully free of overpowering music and special effects. However, can someone explain how the killer was tracked down after three years? I think the clue is in the detective's comment when he picks up the book ftom the dashboard and says something like 'you've no idea how long it takes to put together a collection like this', meaning it was dogged police work. Need to know!

• Feb 11, 2018

Está hecho bien, pero me pareció un largo episodio de mentes criminales y poco mas de eso. Es mas sobre el carácter de los dos protagonistas que sobre el crimen. Tiene sus momentos, pero dos horas se hacen bastate largas.

• Dec 26, 2017

Malgré une histoire un brin sordide qui n'est pas sans rappeler les "films noirs" des années 40-50 , Que Dios Nos Pardone est un thriller très efficace même si le rythme est un peu lent. Un autre très bon coup du cinéma espagnol.

• Nov 19, 2017

Great movie!! Had me on the edge of my seat!!

Great movie!! Had me on the edge of my seat!!

• Aug 23, 2017

7/10 very powerful start, tries to find its bearing in the middle, but just dwindles away at the end.

• Jul 19, 2017

Uno de los mejores thrillers españoles de los ùltimos años.

Uno de los mejores thrillers españoles de los ùltimos años.

• Apr 26, 2017

Tense thriller. Just like Seven or True Detective, tt transcends the usual procedural detective movies to go into the heart of darkness. Great.

• Apr 12, 2017

Mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it is rough, real, full of life and emotion. On the other, it's somewhat slow, lacks suspense, isn't as packed with thrill and action as one might come to expect. But overall, it wins you over with its aforementioned roughness and authenticity and its distinctly European flavor. Although the ending is somewhat anticlimactic, you should definitely watch this one if you like crime-serial killer movies.

• Mar 06, 2017

Los personajes no son bien definidos, la interpretación de Álamo es buena pero de la Torre se queda atrás. El guión no es consistente y el final es de lo mas pendejo. Empieza como una buena pelí de polis pero termina como una pelí de TV clase B.