Maya Dardel Reviews

• Apr 19, 2018

Loved it. That girl is bad!

Loved it. That girl is bad!

• Mar 03, 2018

This is a nice escape from the surveillance state. No social media in this baby. The message, delivered in registers of self-aware arrogance, is a solid one. Sad, if you're my age. Good sad, though.

• Mar 01, 2018

First of all, the look of the thing. A woman's world depicted so sensually, like everything is a delicate spiderweb. Next, the plot and dialogue, the whole idea. Okay, I can see why this aspect is polarizing. But give it a chance. I'm worried most of the humor is so understated that people can think this film is snobby, but watch carefully. Everything has a funny, clever reverse side to it. The beginning is funny in a more standard way, but the rest of the film, the humor is very understated.

• Feb 22, 2018

Between a 6/10 and 7/10, as good as this film can be its sum is not as good or interesting as its individual parts even if Lena Olin's performance is.

• Nov 25, 2017

This movie is a mind-numbing train-wreck that you can't look away from because you think it can't possibly get any worse....but it does. With slight glimpses of clarity, this movie is a sterile view of the world and a vain reflection on the writers' view on morality, humanity and mortality.

• Nov 18, 2017

I will give two stars for the acting, direction, etc., but the character herself is such a vapid, immature, self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual twit I found it impossible to watch, quit after 30 minutes. A repulsive, unlikelable character without a shred of humility or common sense.

• Nov 03, 2017

really interesting writing... complicated and funny. also Lena Olin!

really interesting writing... complicated and funny. also Lena Olin!

• Nov 03, 2017

Amazing film. Best dialogue I've seen in years.

Amazing film. Best dialogue I've seen in years.