Maze Runner: The Death Cure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maze Runner: The Death Cure Reviews

September 13, 2018
Felt rushed. Could of been better
September 11, 2018
Maze Runner: The Death Cure doesn't quite live up to the first film, but it's definitely a major improvement over The Scorch Trials. The best way I can describe my feelings towards this movie is that I feel the same way about it that I do with Aladdin And The King Of Thieves (or Aladdin 3, for short), where it's not as good as the first film, but it's still a worthy sequel and a satisfying conclusion to a film trilogy. Definitely give it a watch if you're a huge fan of the first Maze Runner like I am.
September 7, 2018
Maze runner death cure was a outstanding film actor played their parts fabulously but the thing is how they let one of the big characters go we all knew someone had to go but the way they put it away wasn't right either than that it was a good movie
½ September 6, 2018
2018-9-5 This is a little boring, but not so boring as the 2nd one. I am very happy that this is the last chapter ;P Too many unreasonable plots that really tests people's patience XD
½ September 3, 2018
The series didn't hold up till the end, first of all they should have stayed in the maze for even the titles to make sense.. and it's just to stupid.. why would this teen make it (always) where everyone else have failed? And the parts that he isn't a part of, they could have manages long ago..
August 29, 2018
Other audience reviewers seem caught up in the fact that the film departs "too" broadly from the book, forgetting (or not realizing) that novels and films are significantly different mediums and must be treated accordingly. A perfect film recreation of a book will almost invariably be an uninspired, unoriginal, and bad movie. Having never read the Maze Runner series in its entirety, but having a background in screenwriting and a love of the film medium, frankly I don't care if this movie is a good adaptation or not. It's still a good movie on its own. It improves on what worked in The Maze Runner, and does it with feeling (albeit perhaps breaching the barrier between emotion and cheap sentimentality). No, it's not perfect, and it's not among the greats, but it is good.
½ August 27, 2018
I feel like the writers got bored of writing and just wanted to be done with the story line.
August 21, 2018
The most long winded piece of crap ever. Bad actors. Bloated story line.
August 20, 2018
It's like watching Scorch Trials again. The plot changes from the book left me scratching my head, because the motivations behind breaking into the bad guys' base did not seem worth it. However: despite the repetition and cliches, it's an acceptable conclusion to the trilogy... and how many acceptable trilogies do we have? 2? 3?
½ August 13, 2018
So much promise in the first movie, so little need for a third movie after the second one.
August 12, 2018
Really great movie. Usually movies who have a second and third movie don't do so great like the hunger games trilogy but this one was great!! I absolutely loved it. No complaints! Idk why the rating is so low from other raters. A lot of action and great resolution to the story.
½ August 9, 2018
You could have just as easily not made this at all. So the kids survived the maze. They even passed the scorch trials, whatever those may be. Only thing left to is overthrow the government completely, right? Now if I am being perfectly honest, I don't really much remember what happened in the previous movie despite there being digital proof that I watched it. The Hunger Games ended three years ago, and these off-brand imitators realized after the fact that their brand had reached its expiration date, but they had committed to tell a complete story. The Maze Runner smartly decided to cut losses where they could, and even though there are more books, The Death Cure is the big finale, with there thankfully not being a part two. This is not awful, but I have been ready for these movies to stop. Now to this movie's credit, I actually highly enjoyed the opening sequence to this. It is something very similar to Fast Five... but that is one of my favorite chapters in a ridiculous series that I recognize as being over the top. Perhaps I just have a soft spot for the Fast and the Furious or train heists, but the point is that I started off with some goodwill towards this movie. After that, I checked back out because of my lack of memory of this story, and that is precisely when this became everything that you have seen before. At this point, it is just variables that can be turned on or off: does the love interest die? Does the secret power behind everything end up being ultimately evil? You know where it is going, and you know where it is going to end up. So why care? Well, apart from possibly being a fan of the books (which I am not), I can not come up with a reason that holds water. Even though this is reasonably well shot, The Death Cure is overlong and blasé because it is so clichéd. You have seen it all before, and honestly, you've seen it done better. This type of movie peaked with Catching Fire, and it has been downhill ever since. I think that collectively, we all want to stop seeing movies of this ilk, and with limp domestic box office returns, we may finally be reaching the end.
½ August 6, 2018
Made an account purely to rate this movie... Utter shine-a-light (that's rhyming slang)
August 5, 2018
Par for the course and entertaining.
½ August 4, 2018
The guys are cute and I'm always up for zombies but otherwise it's dumb.
August 3, 2018
Finally, the last and final film of the trilogy Maze Runner. This time it's all about retrieving their friend Minho and Theresa choosing the sides of the WCKD in hopes of finding the cure. This movie is also full of action and adventures. And the return of Gally is just right on time! The finale is a bit unexpected since 2 of the main characters did not make it to the end. But the film was able to nail it and give justice to the fallen comrades. This is really a good movie if you want action, adventure, thrill, and friendship - this is the place to be!
Good job to all the people who worked behind this film and of course to the casts who gave their best in this film! Will definitely gonna watch it again! :)
July 29, 2018
The Maze Runner series was one of the best book series I've read in the last few years. I obviously get excited when something I've read hits the big screen, even though I know the film usually won't be as good as the book was. I have found that when film makers try to stick to the original story, as they did in The Hunger Games, the films are terrific. When they just take pieces and basically write their own story, it's usually an epic failure, i.e. Allegiant. In the first installment of Maze Runner, the film diverged and was disappointing, but the second film followed the book to a tee, and was terrific, what would happen in the third? Right off the bat, as I feared, the story is completely different and very few elements from the book are even used in the film, however, in the rarest of rare cases, the way the film makers re-wrote the story, actually improved upon it! Dylan O'Brien returns as Thomas and this is the film where his character really broke out and came to life as the hero we see in the novels. I honestly didn't see him as Thomas until I watched this film, he was that good. As for his other half, AKA Teresa (Kaya Scodelario), she was in a completely different role than in the novel, but likewise gave a much stronger performance than she did in the other two films. The final standout was Thomas Sangster, who I've spoke about before. He is fantastic in everything he does, but he doesn't do a whole lot! I really would like to see him do more and break out, it's a mystery to me why he doesn't. As a whole, The Death Cure was not the best in the book series, but it was the best in the film series. Many critics complained that it was too long, but I say take a look at what they did with the last book of the Divergent series. Alligiant was split into two and how well did that turn out? The only knock on this film is that one of my favorite actors, Jacob Lofland, didn't have more screen time as Aries, but aside from that this was a perfect conclusion to the film series, and a better ending than the one that was originally written for this franchise.
July 29, 2018
Amazing job on this movie!
July 29, 2018
Maze runner: The death cure is a very good movie, in my opinion. It made me laugh, made me cry...Etc. The acting was very good. Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Newt) was amazing, like usual. Would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys Drama/Suspense/action.
July 28, 2018
Well, there were zombies, survivors, victims, and not-actually-dead. Not as attention-grabbing as the other ones but enjoyable enough. However, the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be, which makes me somewhat bitter.