Maze Runner: The Death Cure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maze Runner: The Death Cure Reviews

February 13, 2019
ITS THE BEST EVERRRR
½ February 2, 2019
This movie ruined my life
February 1, 2019
Strengths: It‚(TM)s rare that a trilogy gets to have the same director for every installment. This benefitted from that because Wes Ball understood the story, cast, and characters. He knew how to get the most from them. Dylan O‚(TM)Brien (Thomas) continues to be a solid lead. The actions sequences are major once again and they pretty much all work. For example, the opening scene is a rescue mission on a train that feels right out of a Fast and the Furious film. Giancarlo Esposito (Jorge), Rosa Salazar (Brenda), and Walton Goggins (Lawrence) are all great in their small roles. There‚(TM)s a strong sense of finality and tension built up throughout this. It‚(TM)s fitting of a final chapter. Ultimately, it‚(TM)s a fun ride where the pace almost never slows down, ensuring you‚(TM)re in for a ride.

Weaknesses: The script is kind of a mess. There‚(TM)s nothing special about it and lot of what is written feels cheesy, bland, or tropey. While the movie is long (too long, in fact) no time is given to explain certain things. The mazes from the first film are still something of a mystery, Patricia Clarkson‚(TM)s (Ava Paige) character was built up for two movies and does nothing of note here, and Lawrence is never detailed, so we get no real reason for his looks or explanation about who he is. Teresa (Kaya Scodelario) is a character who is never likable. She doesn‚(TM)t toe the line, instead being someone you don‚(TM)t care about when she dies.

Overall: If you enjoyed the first two, the finale should quench your thirst. It‚(TM)s an enjoyable popcorn movie, but lacks the substance it needed as the final installment to truly wrap things up in a satisfying way.
February 1, 2019
really good film would rate it and it has one scene that me and my friends joke about even to this day
½ January 26, 2019
Terrible film, non-senses scripts . I saw it as a commdy :)
January 21, 2019
Maze Runner: Death Cure is well directed movie with spectacular action sequences and interested characters, but in some moments things are going on that are too comfortable and suited to the protagonists
January 14, 2019
I really like the action and think they did a great job and character development. I haven't read the books just found this on Netflix type app so decided to watch the series. I think this one was the best. The problem I have is the ending when the cure was just his blood. Entertaining
½ January 11, 2019
Newt dies 0/10 am I rite guys come on newt best girl
January 7, 2019
Amazing, would recommend. Action packed. Thomas and his mates are outside of the city and Theresa is inside working with the company he is against. H estill loves her deep down and hates that she betrayed him. After his mate is kidnapped he must venture into the cityto save him and all the others taht have been taken. Can he pull it off?
December 29, 2018
I hate that they killed Teresa and Newt, I knew they would, I read the spoilers, but it still ripped my heart out, even though Teresa was an inconsiderate, selfish bitch, I forgave her in the end and then they go and kill her
½ December 29, 2018
It's Ok but I really didn't get the ending.
December 26, 2018
Amazing. The graphics are amazing with a tight budget. This was a perfect ending to a great series.
½ December 17, 2018
As a third installment of the franchise, this movie was quite acceptable. Dylan O'Briens character as Thomas didn't fail to disappoint as he was torn to make decisions no person had to make. It was less complicated than the Scorch a Trials which is good, they improved off the second installment. This movie showed the grim horror aspects from Scorch Trials and the determination brought through from the the original. I believed the ending wasn't necessary and was over dramatic. The script could have improved and less character building was used.
½ December 16, 2018
This was an epic conclusion to the franshise but it feels quite predictable and the deaths aren't that sad to me because I don't really care about the characters that much. It's a very flawed movie with a bland script and it's quite mediocre but it's fine to watch.
December 16, 2018
Starts crazy like a western and is a cat and mouse chase all along for great cheeses. Zombie movie with hope of a cure that is in the blood of the hero. But there is a civil war between the in walled city people and the outside the wall people.
½ December 9, 2018
Terrible movie. Very predictable and cliche. Don't waste your time.
December 8, 2018
Not Bad but not to be recommended.
December 1, 2018
Less solid than the first one in the level of the second. For an afternoon of reality suspended session. But you need to see the other two first otherwise you'll understand nothing.
½ November 28, 2018
Finally got around watching #MazeRunnertheDeathCure. Lots of action. You pretty much know some people would die so do not invest too much on any particular characters. (3.5/5Scales)