Maze Runner: The Death Cure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maze Runner: The Death Cure Reviews

November 14, 2018
The Death Cure es divertida y entretenida, maneja los cliches que toda trilogia debe de tener ara ser ultima entrega y da un poco mas de si , apesar de eso este film se posiciona de manera leve entre sus entregas anteriores.
November 6, 2018
Good finale, has it's beautiful exciting moments, and is definitely a beautiful film in ways. Slow at times, but even then it could be good.
½ October 27, 2018
One of the best final installments to a YA franchise ever made earning a spot right under Deathly Hallows and Mockingjay. The Death Cure is miles better than its predecessor, The Scorch Trials, focusing less on action stunts and more on character development like The Maze Runner which remains the best in the trilogy. Most viewers complained about the movie's length but no moment is spared on unnecessary sequences to the point that it hardly feels like two and a half hours long. The cast haven't outgrown their characters especially Dylan O'Brien who displayed some of his best acting and brought a new depth to Thomas through his fantastic performance. As a fan of the books, I was very pleased with how Wes Ball stayed true to James Dashner's work and even enhanced a few bits. Newt's death was heartbreaking as it should be and the ending was satisfying. Overall, I really enjoyed this final chapter to a part of my teen years that I'll always remember.
October 23, 2018
Director did an amazing job picking the story back up after the second movie's plot and pacing hindered it, and especially considering the circumstances of it being pushed back due to the main actor getting severely injured on set. The setting was mesmerizing and a vivid contrast to the previous movies, it kept me at the edge of my seat straight from the beginning, and it was a brilliant mixture of the book & movie plots. The acting was absolutely wonderful, especially toward the end. It exceeded all of my expectations and I'm honestly impressed.
October 6, 2018
The movie was great, even if it went away from the book, it was way better than the scorch trials and was very emotional and ended it all in a great way.
October 3, 2018
Great final chapter of the trilogy. Great actors and great characters. Some weeknesses but not too many.
October 3, 2018
True, it's better than the second, but it's meager plot is still fatally flawed.
September 13, 2018
Felt rushed. Could of been better
September 11, 2018
Maze Runner: The Death Cure doesn't quite live up to the first film, but it's definitely a major improvement over The Scorch Trials. The best way I can describe my feelings towards this movie is that I feel the same way about it that I do with Aladdin And The King Of Thieves (or Aladdin 3, for short), where it's not as good as the first film, but it's still a worthy sequel and a satisfying conclusion to a film trilogy. Definitely give it a watch if you're a huge fan of the first Maze Runner like I am.
September 7, 2018
Maze runner death cure was a outstanding film actor played their parts fabulously but the thing is how they let one of the big characters go we all knew someone had to go but the way they put it away wasn't right either than that it was a good movie
½ September 6, 2018
2018-9-5 This is a little boring, but not so boring as the 2nd one. I am very happy that this is the last chapter ;P Too many unreasonable plots that really tests people's patience XD
½ September 3, 2018
The series didn't hold up till the end, first of all they should have stayed in the maze for even the titles to make sense.. and it's just to stupid.. why would this teen make it (always) where everyone else have failed? And the parts that he isn't a part of, they could have manages long ago..
August 29, 2018
Other audience reviewers seem caught up in the fact that the film departs "too" broadly from the book, forgetting (or not realizing) that novels and films are significantly different mediums and must be treated accordingly. A perfect film recreation of a book will almost invariably be an uninspired, unoriginal, and bad movie. Having never read the Maze Runner series in its entirety, but having a background in screenwriting and a love of the film medium, frankly I don't care if this movie is a good adaptation or not. It's still a good movie on its own. It improves on what worked in The Maze Runner, and does it with feeling (albeit perhaps breaching the barrier between emotion and cheap sentimentality). No, it's not perfect, and it's not among the greats, but it is good.
½ August 27, 2018
I feel like the writers got bored of writing and just wanted to be done with the story line.
August 21, 2018
The most long winded piece of crap ever. Bad actors. Bloated story line.
August 20, 2018
It's like watching Scorch Trials again. The plot changes from the book left me scratching my head, because the motivations behind breaking into the bad guys' base did not seem worth it. However: despite the repetition and cliches, it's an acceptable conclusion to the trilogy... and how many acceptable trilogies do we have? 2? 3?
½ August 13, 2018
So much promise in the first movie, so little need for a third movie after the second one.
August 12, 2018
Really great movie. Usually movies who have a second and third movie don't do so great like the hunger games trilogy but this one was great!! I absolutely loved it. No complaints! Idk why the rating is so low from other raters. A lot of action and great resolution to the story.
½ August 9, 2018
You could have just as easily not made this at all. So the kids survived the maze. They even passed the scorch trials, whatever those may be. Only thing left to is overthrow the government completely, right? Now if I am being perfectly honest, I don't really much remember what happened in the previous movie despite there being digital proof that I watched it. The Hunger Games ended three years ago, and these off-brand imitators realized after the fact that their brand had reached its expiration date, but they had committed to tell a complete story. The Maze Runner smartly decided to cut losses where they could, and even though there are more books, The Death Cure is the big finale, with there thankfully not being a part two. This is not awful, but I have been ready for these movies to stop. Now to this movie's credit, I actually highly enjoyed the opening sequence to this. It is something very similar to Fast Five... but that is one of my favorite chapters in a ridiculous series that I recognize as being over the top. Perhaps I just have a soft spot for the Fast and the Furious or train heists, but the point is that I started off with some goodwill towards this movie. After that, I checked back out because of my lack of memory of this story, and that is precisely when this became everything that you have seen before. At this point, it is just variables that can be turned on or off: does the love interest die? Does the secret power behind everything end up being ultimately evil? You know where it is going, and you know where it is going to end up. So why care? Well, apart from possibly being a fan of the books (which I am not), I can not come up with a reason that holds water. Even though this is reasonably well shot, The Death Cure is overlong and blasé because it is so clichéd. You have seen it all before, and honestly, you've seen it done better. This type of movie peaked with Catching Fire, and it has been downhill ever since. I think that collectively, we all want to stop seeing movies of this ilk, and with limp domestic box office returns, we may finally be reaching the end.
½ August 6, 2018
Made an account purely to rate this movie... Utter shine-a-light (that's rhyming slang)