Maze Runner: The Death Cure Reviews

• Sep 15, 2020

Really thrilling conclusion to this amazing trilogy.

Really thrilling conclusion to this amazing trilogy.

• Aug 30, 2020

It's not a disaster. But there's nothing special either ... It's a fun movie, but with a lot of script errors, but you can be entertained

• Aug 29, 2020

so many plot twists, they're not afraid to kill off the main cast... makes your heart stop!

• Aug 21, 2020

'The Death Cure' was suppose to be the climactic conclusion of the relatively fresh "Maze Runner" trilogy with a 2016 release but with the lead actor Dylan O'Brian's set injury, the movie was pushed back to 2018. I've enjoyed the previous two movies but I didn't get around to watching this one till now, after another two years. I remember the excitement and intrigue of the movies before but unfortunately this final chapter suffers from this franchise's gradual diminishing creative returns. While this chapter starts off with rousing action opener, the intrigue and excitement of its predecessors feel deflated for the rest of "Death Cure's runtime. It is not really because of my few years detachment from watching the other ones but it feel more like how it was written and directed. The overarching story just isn't that interesting or inventive. Each "Maze Runner" movie seem more generic than the last but this one is still watchable & engaging enough thanks largely to the charisma of his likable cast and Wes Bell's steady filmmaking alone; both components which are the series' greatest assets. But sadly the movie itself is overlong, underwhelming slog. - 6/10 (C+)

• Jul 09, 2020

What a great ending to a pretty good trilogy it was emotional entertaining and most of all a really good flim

• Jun 21, 2020

Good movie but emotional

Good movie but emotional

• Jun 06, 2020

A better movie than the Scorch Trial but still a bad remake of the Death Cure book! This was a bit better than the Scorch Trial... but it still bored me. It had lots of violence/shooting. The plot was a bit hard to see for me. This may have cool animation, but it lacks a lot that the book had.... I highly suggest to watch this once. Watching this movie once is the best. I give this 25% Rotten Tomatoes!

• May 11, 2020

I loved this movie!! The Maze Runner film series and books take a special place in my heart. I suggest reading and watching the Maze Runner by James Dashner. Wes Ball continues to impress me with his movie making skills. Of course, sadness erupts in the movie at some points, but it has to somewhat go along with the book. I enjoyed this very much and hope you others will too!

• May 06, 2020

In the conclusion of The Maze Runner trilogy, Thomas leads a group of Gladers into the final city to rescue their friend who was captured at the end of The Scorch Trials movie. Once inside they will discover a far deadlier version of the maze which is being used to extract the serum in order to make a cure. They will also come across rebel fighters who although they share the same goal, have very different methods of taking on the sinister WCKD Corporation. Thomas is also faced with some crucial decisions as he seeks out the help of the one who betrayed him and has to decide whether he is willing to sacrifice his friends in order to save humanity. I thought this was a very decent ending to the trilogy. It has a strong opening with a fast paced and action packed train hijack and there are many other inventive action sequences throughout, the escape via bus and crane being one of my favourites. The central players have all developed their characters nicely for this final installment and I felt this was a somewhat more mature outing for the final installment than the previous two which still very much felt like young adult fiction fodder. A worthy conclusion to an action packed and fast paced dystopian thriller.

• May 04, 2020

Entertaining!Great end to saga.Amazing music emotional at the end,acting was amazing,visuals and the cyber city was literally amazing and skeptical,screenplay was good engaging till end although climax felt stretched,story-line was decent,some scenes were amazing like starting train box steal and the jump from hospital,the bus pulled up scene was good but still don't know how perfectly the machine was placed without knowing where exactly vehicle will stop,ending was amazing and emotional although the fight and twist stretched!Overall amazing entertaining movie.whole franchise was entertaining and amazing!