McCullin Reviews

• Jun 27, 2017

I thought this was great, McCullin himself is a great speaker with a very interesting history. Many of the pictures are incredible and speak to a great era of photo journalism. Not a groundbreaking documentary but really worth watching.

• Nov 08, 2016

We are really priviliged that the famous genius photojournalist Donald McCullin would sit down and tell us of this great stories behind his infamous war, humanitarian disaster and urban trife photos. Your eyes will be served with this precious film footages and photographies while your ear will concentrate on McCullin naration and that story's era musics.

• Jul 11, 2016

For those who want to know better about one of the greatest all-time war photographers.

• Mar 14, 2016

Excellent documentary for those with an interest in photography or not. It's pretty graphic in places which is to be expected given the subject matter. I'd recommend it though. It's available on Sky Arts at the moment.

• Feb 02, 2016

pesado, muito pesado. porém necessário.

pesado, muito pesado. porém necessário.

• Jan 09, 2016

Superb. Shocking. Educational. Watch it.

Superb. Shocking. Educational. Watch it.

• Oct 15, 2015

Brilliant documentary on the work of a renowned photojournalist.

Brilliant documentary on the work of a renowned photojournalist.

• Oct 07, 2015

A brilliant insight into the work of British photojournalist Don McCullin who has walked his life hand in hand with tragedy and conflict. So prevalent was McCullin's coverage as a war photographer, that this documentary is as much a history of conflict in the '60s and '70s as it is about the man himself. As a man he is very considered and forthright. He has obviously battled with the ethics of his art; he is a humanist and staunchly anti-war in his politics. His photos are predominantly of the victims of war. Some of the images are absolutely crushing and I was moved to tears in several places. As a documentary it serves to tell the story of the artist behind the photos, and it does this through a simple mix of interviews, title cards providing context, and close-ups of McCullin's photographs. The narrative is fairly by-the-numbers: moving from his early life and education, through his career and to his retirement. However the film never feels generic or bland. It has depth and perspective and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Feb 13, 2014

A superb insight into the work of one of the very best press photographers, and the politics of his employment. What strikes you- aside from his striking images-is his intellectual insight and humanity. He scoured the very worst of our war torn planet to highlight the atrocities committed in the name of a "good cause" or religion. The plight of the innocent was never better illustrated than my his insight. His unique ability had the UK government ban him from travelling with the rest of the press to the Falklands for fear of the damage he would do to the flag-waving Argie bashing campaign machine! You might not of heard of him-but you will have seen some of his work. Engrossing, insightful and heart-breaking to watch.

• Sep 04, 2013

So unbelievably moving........everyone should watch this.

So unbelievably moving........everyone should watch this.