McLibel: Two Worlds Collide - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

McLibel: Two Worlds Collide Reviews

September 9, 2016
I have mixed feelings about this. I was horrified to see the baby chicks being gassed. I also know that a low fiber/ high fat diet is not healthy for you. But I don't think these practices are limited to just McDonalds. If you really want to do something about it, become a vegatarian. I only go to McDonalds once in a while as a treat, not every night like some lazy people! My mom told me how crappy their food was a long time ago, when I was a child. I didn't understand the whining about the lack of creativity or the low pay, etc. It's freaking McDonalds for goodness sake! If you want to be creative, find a different line of work. If you want better money, stay in school. I found this documentary rather one sided and recommend you watch "Super Size Me" instead. At least that was entertaining.
March 4, 2012
A rousing dramatisation of how this incredible pairing took on one of the world's most powerful multinationals. You'll never eat a Big Man again in sheer solidarity (except at 3am when ethics must take a distant back seat to insatiable alcohol munchies).
½ July 24, 2011
McLibel made me want to boycott McDonald's, turn vegetarian and even punch a clown or two on principle. But most of all, it restored my faith that the power to shape public discourse really rests with the people. Newscorp, you have been warned.
July 5, 2011
The story is really interesting. I'm glad I now know it. It did a good enough job of making me think twice about eating at McDonalds again - although to be honest, I probably still will. The production itself still felt really raw though and not in the usual documentary sort of way. It felt unfinished or rushed or something. The good guys win and that always makes me happy.
June 24, 2011
You know most documentaries are depressing but this one is actually really inspiring. Check it out to seee the real McDonald's. Grade: B+
September 30, 2010
pretty impressive, well done! fuck you McDonalds!
August 9, 2010
Why would anyone ever go to McDonald's? Cardboard is more nutritious. Great movie. How corrupt can a company be?
½ July 16, 2010
At last the little man beats the evil giant. Hooray!!
½ June 21, 2010
A documentary about the longest running case in legal history about two environmentalists who distributed a leaflet about McDonalds and ended up in the midst of a legal battle with no legal aid, no jury to hear their case and only themselves to represent them in court. Interesting stuff.
April 8, 2010
going to eat McDonald's...
March 26, 2010
You have to see this movie if you are a Fast Food Rest. junke.
½ March 13, 2010
An inspiring story which proves everything I knew to be true about McDonald's.
½ March 13, 2010
Low budget but nevertheless excellent documentary of two activists (Dave Morris and Helen Steel) who refused to bow to McDonald's demands, and instead ended up facing the fast food giant in court for a libel case over an anti-McDonald's pamphlet they had handed out. The facts that it covers are fascinating and important. Interviews with Fast Food Nation writer Eric Schlosser, and several other experts on the subject help move the documentary along and add substance to this great documentary. A fascinating look at perseverance and strength of will and an inspiring viewing whether you agree with the politics or not.
½ February 13, 2010
A postman and a house wife from London are served with a libel case from Maccers. They took them on and won! (sort of, Macs still makes money) Was the longest court case in the UK despite best efforts by Macs to 'resolve' the problem.
½ October 1, 2009
a good tale of people standing up for what they believe to be right and true. also a nice show of how the legal system works.
½ September 29, 2009
If you have never heard of the "McLibel" case in the UK check this out. Long story short, two people go to court after being sued by McDonald's for libel, then they turn around and sue the ENTIRE UNITED KINGDOM for human rights violations. Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.
September 24, 2009
Everyone should see this, way before Super-Size Me's time and way more legally involved, this gives a very interesting look into McDonald's soulless, disgusting, pedophile, black heart...truly scary!
½ September 5, 2009
A crappily put together documentary about a rather interesting subject. McDonald's sues some activists in a British court for libel. They bring in top lawyers and others to lay out their case. The two activists defend themselves in the longest case in British history costing McDonald's millions of dollars.
July 11, 2009
"... we want a society that is NOT run for the benefit of shareholders, but it's run for the benefit of EVERYBODY."