Me and Earl and the Dying Girl Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

A beautiful film about friendship, love and growing up! An absolute mix of humor and tear-jerking moments that resonate with all!

• Sep 09, 2019

The quirky charm of the main characters kept me entertained throughout, and the ending was profound enough that I've caught myself pondering it a couple of times in the days since watching. Overall, a solid watch.

• Sep 08, 2019

I enjoyed the 2nd half of the movie as the beginning was slow going. Content was good but I didn't enjoy the style of this movie

• Sep 07, 2019

Masterfully shot, and well-written, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl has a charm that can please more than just the teen demographic.

• Aug 03, 2019

"me and Earl and thediying girl" It is a sad movie: it is a telling us about a girl who is suffering from cáncer, Then a close friend of the family, sends her son Earl to find a way for Rachel to live her last days comfortable, calm and happy; through different activities such as recording videos, watching movies and reading. In this way earl would help Rachel to maintain good mood while the final moment arrives, the boy was very friendly with her, he took care of her and made her laugh all the time and tried to be fun for her. The film generates feelings of tenderness, sadness and many others that lead us to tears. This movie is recommended to be seen in the company of loved ones and it can also be a life lesson for college students and teenagers. Earl has a friend who helps her with the work of caring for Rachel, films the funny videos for her and gives advice on how to fun her, the movie is interesting, touching and entertaining, it has a sad plot but it is a reality that is lived in actual society, all people in the world should take adversity as a life lesson and not aggravate situations with a bad attitude; This movie gives us a good example of that.

• Jul 31, 2019

The movie was amazing, it is a mix between comical, dramatic and emotional. In some specific moments the soundtrack transforms the environment in something magical and make everything more "personal". The director, I have to say, has an awesome talent to direct a movie like this and make feelings in the spectator during the course of the movie. The beginning of the movie was unexpected to me, I thought for the image on the cover that in the beginning all of them were friends and the plot would start from there, but the movie turned out differently. Although at first Greg and Earl seemed so different, I realized that it was not so, in fact they had many things in common and I understood why they were such good friends since childhood, even though they lived in "close" but totally different neighborhoods. I found the short films that Greg and Earl made very nice and fun, it was like seeing two super friends who could never be separated. What they did seems very original, imaginative and enjoyable. When Greg's mother insists that he should go to visit Rachel simply because she had leukemia and was "alone", it seemed distasteful to me. First because he was doing it out of obligation and not on his own will, and second Rachel would take it badly because they had never spoken before and she could believe that he was only doing it at that moment because of pity. After Rachel and Greg had spent a few days talking, I saw that they were becoming good friends, although at the beginning it was a kind of "doomed friendship", and it was good, I felt happy for them. It was already becoming a true friendship. One of the things that I found interesting in the movie were the fake hopes that Greg (in "external" dialogues) gave about how Rachel was going to end, which made the end more emotional, thought provoking, sensitive and surprising. Finally, I think that it is a very funny movie with some sarcastic dialogues at times but very sentimental at others. I don't think it is a cliché ridden movie or anything like that, on the contrary it is original, absorbing and first rate.

• Jul 30, 2019

Me and Earl and the dying girl is a nice story about a girl with terminal cancer, and it may be nice that it may sound ironic about the subject being treated, but the tape treats it in such a very natural way that it will make the viewer travel calm and friendly about acid dialogues and jokes that are completely dyed carbon black. A classic movie on the disease, very original in the rest. Cinema with capital letters. This movie made me feel different things doing all the time, sometimes I think that it was intriguing or sometimes I felt that it was slow, is a roller coaster of emotions roller coaster of emotions I think that it was a second-rate film because it's not bad but there are some details that make the movie not be perfect but the characters are very good build and give to the movie a very good feeling One of the best things after movie is the chemistry between Greg and racial even if they are not in love but his relationship like friends is a very good point for the movie Although also the chemistry between Earl and Greg even if it is something strange is also magnificent But what makes you appreciate this movie is the performances of each and every one of the characters from the main three to Greg's parents, each actor gives personality and creativity to his character but just as it has good things, it also has some things that make it boring and repetitive at times, such as some scenes that feel unnecessary that you think they might have done otherwise. It must be recognized that, despite his notable attempts to differentiate himself, ‘Me and Earl and the dying girl' ends up following a fairly common path and uses plot resources that we all know. The key is that both the Andrews libretto and the staging of Gomez-Rejon offer us something different, stimulating and with enough flavor to reality so that one can disconnect the cynical chip and get carried away by what he is telling us.

• Jul 30, 2019

When I heard about the movie I didn't expect much from it, because I was thinking about, you know: "it's another movie about a sick girl going to die". In addition, the title did not leave much to the imagination because when I was reading it I believed how the plot was going to be. However, when I started watching the movie I realized that it is a film very close to the viewer; evokes your childhood years when you played with your friends and developed the strongest friendship bonds of your life. It teaches you the true value of friendship. Furthermore, resignation and patience are values ​​in "Me and Earl and the dying girl" that make you think on how short life is and how to appreciate the little things in it. Sometimes we don't appreciate everything we have around us and just focus on the negative things. It teaches you to be positive when you are facing the hardest situations of daily life. On the other hand, during the course of the film, we figured out that hope goes through all its phases until it disappears completely. Remember that Greg's hope keeps the bond of friendship strong and solid and it is until Rachel breaks it that the friendship weakens and ends up being the sublime climax of the film. Finally, what I think Gomez wanted with this movie is not to make people cry, because you probably already have an idea of ​​what can happen when you watch the trailer or just read the title. I believe that the true intention of "Me and Earl and the dying girl" is to make you think on the meaning of your existence and life and that you need to do what you want before it is too late.

• Jul 30, 2019

For some people the fact that the movie is about cancer, results a cliché-ridden thing; maybe, it is, yes, but there is something else apart from that obviously fact that is almost predictable in the title: "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl", but that is not the point, because even though it has a thought provoking massage under skin, behind of this distasteful title, there is a background. First at all, the storyteller is an extremely intelligent young man who mixes a satirical language with some depth, because the way he treats the subjects, the comments he makes are a sum that results in an intelligent dialogue. Furthermore, the cultural references of the United States are riveting. In addition, the work of the idea that is carried out in the movie, the plot, shows us in the best way other kind of relationship between a girl with a terminal illness and a boy, because it does not try to teach us how to move on with a hard illness accompanied by other person that make us feel butterflies in the belly, but it tries that we can to make fun of  our own illness keeping in mind that we should not fear about death because it always will be there no matter if we are or not in illness. This is a first-rate movie that everybody should see.

• Jul 30, 2019

The truth is that ‘Me and Earl and the dying girl' isn't a movie I would watch a second time. Even though they tried to do a different film from the others movies that talk about cancer, at the end, you realize that is just one more film about cancer and about what cancer does to your life and your family and friends. It definitely, isn't the best movie I have ever seen, neither is the worst. I have a serious conflict with the amount of funny scenes because I think that the combination between fun and cancer is not right for me, it is just unnecessary, even if I know that maybe they were just trying to make a film tenderer. The film becomes an authentic cliché with the only exception that there is no romantic relationship between de main characters. However, if we talk about the characters, there are some very interesting details, for example, Greg's self-esteem problems. The character shows basic devaluation characteristics and some defense mechanisms, such as repression and displacement. Also, the obvious problem he has in relation to himself and his body People come into our lives for a reason; it's the only thing I can think after analyzing the movie. Those people become a part of who we are. I think Greg needed to meet Rachel, maybe even more that Rachel needed him. Some people have the power to change our life. It doesn't matter if they stay with us for ten 10 years, 10 months or 10 days. We should never underestimate the impact and influence that a person can have on the life of another totally different person. We always have the opportunity to learn from the people around us and we always should do the best we can to keep good people in our lives, when something bad happens, we have to talk, listen and the decide what to do. We can't let our friends become strangers (regardless of the amount of time) just for a little fight or a misunderstanding.