Me & You, Us, Forever - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Me & You, Us, Forever Reviews

January 28, 2014
It didn't inspire me at all. Had no feeling for me apart from a slight tear. It just served to serve no real point. I guess maybe to move on and let go, but if you need to get something sorted in your heart, go for it and see what God does? I don't know. Was disappointed with the ending, what happened to Dave? Did he end up with Carla? I'm sure she had some feelings for him
½ October 15, 2013
Do you remember those really bad theatre groups back in the 1950s, well this movie is an unfortunate reminder. Actors are bad and miss their timing with a relish. Music is from the bottom of the elevator pile. Although there is supposed to be a moral to this, you will miss it because of the bad Christian values herein shown. If going through a divorce you may get some advice but I doubt it. Nibbles: Carrot Cake.
March 6, 2010
I love Christiano brothers movies, but this one was the worst movie they ever made. Story is good, characters are fine - its based on true story (my favorite type of movies) but the movie was ruined by a lack of action. There are 4 or 5 times in movie where everything stops and dude is jsut daydreaming and we only hear music. Theres nothing exciting going on during those times - the only thing good about it is you can go to bathroom if you have to. If it weren't for daydreaming scenes this movie would of been much better.
February 8, 2010
Kiddish dialogues' delivery, and overdone storyline....
½ January 29, 2010
Pretty good message in this one. Sometimes you just need that closure to be able to move on.
March 26, 2009
Feels like the prequel to a really awesome Christian slasher movie that will never get made...
March 25, 2009
I have an unhealthy obsession with terrible Christian films, and the Christiano brothers have never disappointed in providing mindless or blatantly ignorant messages by way of a hokey, poorly written story. So it's probably not surprising that I was eager to pick up Dave Christiano's Me & You, Us, Forever when I learned of its recent release. But what made M&YUF seem an even greater gem, to me, was the unbelievable premise.

Me & You, Us, Forever... it sounds like a pretty creepy title, don't it? Well, there's a good reason for it. The film is a semi-autobiographical story of a man named Dave. Dave has found himself on the wrong end of a divorce - and now, upset about his marriage's end, he has begun to fantasize about his high school girlfriend, whom he broke up with thirty years ago.

It's a slow moving film, insomuch as there is not a lot of action. But that's not to say that the movie isn't consistently entertaining. When he begins thinking about his ex-girlfriend, Dave has a habit of looking off into space and dreaming about the two of them together at age sixteen, doing such romantic things as walking down the street. He is constantly asking his co-workers whether they have ever dreamt about meeting up with their high school crushes, and they understandably are kind of worried that Dave is, I don't know, acting sort of creepy.
It's not long before he begins fantasizing about meeting up with "the one that got away", even though she is married and living in New York. He doesn't think that there's any problem with that, it'll be totally cool, you know? He's not trying to like steal her away from her husband, you know? All Dave is hoping to accomplish is to get her alone and tell her how much he still loves her and wishes he could be with her and maybe she'll fall in love with him all over again and then life will be perfect.

Dave's frustrated co-workers encourage him to go to a divorce counseling thing at their local church, which only encourages Dave to use his alleged "Christianity" as an excuse for acting more like a creepy stalker. He befriends a woman at the divorce sessions, but uses their time together only to talk about how perfect his ex-girlfriend was. She wonders with a friend whether he might like her, but in his mind it's sixteen year old girls forever.

Of course, it's doesn't take too long before Dave decides that he must go to New York and see her. The way he sees it is that there can only be two ways that this trip will end, both equally as likely:
1. She will be happily married and will thank him for coming to see her, but decline his offer of undying love.
2. She will have divorced her own husband four years ago and been waiting for him to come and sweep her off her feet once again.
Both situations, as I said, are equally as likely. As Dave sits in a hotel room five miles from his ex-girlfriend's house, detailing his plan to scope out her home beforehand to determine when her husband will leave so he can approach her without being beaten up by her reasonably jealous spouse, the girl that Dave had befriended at the couseling sessions asks, for the first time, "Don't you think you seem kind of like a stalker?"

To which Dave responds, "Whose side are you on, anyway?"

Normally, I would go ahead and detail for you exactly what happens after Dave finally follows through on his frightening plan. But this is a supremely funny movie, only made better when you look at it not just as Dave Christiano making a feature-length fantasy world for himself, but instead as a portrait of a man who is extremely sick and needs professional help. Unfortunately, his friends direct him to a church instead of a professional grief counselor and he merely spirals further and further into madness. And then there's the whole thing about Dave using his Christianity to justify his creepy feelings. At one point, he even tells the church divorce group that it's good to fantasize about other women when you are in a divorce. I'm no Biblical scholar, but isn't there some sort of commandment or something against coveting?

It's kind of sick to imagine that director Dave Christiano is actually like his character in this film. Does he really think that it reflects well on him? Does he think that he's presenting himself as a good, upstanding Christian man? Is he really oblivious to how disturbing and hypocritical he makes himself seem?

To conclude: Me & You, Us, Forever is a hilarious, perversely demented film that is more a portrait of a man who is reaching a mid-life crisis that could result in some horrific event (who scopes out his ex-girlfriend's place while sitting in a dark hotel room with a duffelbag?) than it is a Christian film. Jesus gets mentioned repeatedly, but anything that Jesus stood for is totally missing. Honestly, this is too perfectly inept to be true.

And I didn't even talk about the repetitive, depressing score. Or the terrible actors. It's so unbelievably bad and therefore unbelievably awesome. I kinda sorta loved this movie.
September 24, 2008
We bought the movie because a friend of ours was in it. I enjoyed it, despite the corny parts. We were disappointed, a bit, in the ending. It made the "star" of the film seem kind of creepy.
June 28, 2008
no matter the barrier,true love prevails
June 18, 2008
I've waited forever to see this movie... It looked amazingly great from the previews...
½ June 9, 2008
? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?
? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?

?????????????????????

`'?.. DECENT ..?'
`'?.. CHARMING ..?'
`'?.. INNOCENT ..?'
(.? (.?` *(`'?.(`'?. .?') .?')
`'?.. LOVING & CARING ..?'
April 20, 2008
wow this movie was verrry corny. and LONG. i liked it though, it has sentimental value... :) inside joke.
April 20, 2008
hahaha that trailer XD
April 9, 2008
it sounds so romantic i wish i could do that
½ March 7, 2008
Worst movie I have ever seen!!!!!!!!
½ February 26, 2008
I didn't get it. Waste of time and money!!!!!
½ February 25, 2008
Terrible Movie! waist of time and money. bad christian morals.
½ February 18, 2008
What the hell is this, honestly! This is the first movie I have ever seen that has unintentionally made me fear christians and made me view them as creeps and sickos. I had a very hard time not laughing in this movie. I have no idea how anybody can believe that the main character here was serious. Did the filmmakers even read the script? Was this movie supposed to be one big joke? The writing, directing, acting, budget... it was complete crap. I think "Mystery Science Theater 3000" should pick this up, because this movie does not even belong on the 'Lifetime' channel.
February 17, 2008
great movie based on a true story... covers many aspects of divorce in family and personal life... cinematography is not top flight
February 16, 2008
Por alli dicen que el amor pone pende@...=D