Meatballs Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Meatballs Part II Reviews

½ April 13, 2015
Bill Murray had enough sense to stir clear of this money grabbing turkey.
July 22, 2014
Meatballs 2 is unequivocally one of the greatest stories ever told in the history of cinema!!! Period, exclamation point!! It's a story of growth, acceptance, tolerance, love, true friendship, and the loss of innocence... Meathead absolutely makes this movie! How and why Meathead didn't win the Oscar for best actor is one of the grossest injustices in the history of the f*ckin planet!!!!!!!!!! There's a scene at the end, that just absolutely sums up life!!!! When Flash knocks out Ogre and Camp Sasquatch's fans are counting him out, everybody in the camp is going nuts, and there you see Meathead, in his yellow rain parka, with his soft innocent eyes taking in the scene of these strange humans cheering for their camp's warrior to rise victorious and secure the lake rights for Camp Sasquatch for years to come! It's that moment where we know what life is all about! Life is about experiences, trying new things, meeting new people, taking chances, and having fun! And at that moment when you see Meathead standing in the crowd, you simply know - this is what life is about! And Meathead experienced it! Shortly he'll be on his UFO back to his home planet, infused with legions of lessons learned and human experiences that he will now grow, and draw upon for the rest of his days!! A brilliant piece of work...
Also, the onscreen romance between Flash and Cheryl brought me to G-damn tears! A young innocent Catholic school girl discovering penises, sex, and a boy from the wrong side of the tracks. Poetically, through the power of film, the relationship between Flash and Cheryl takes one back to that moment in adolescents when we learned that life and romance was not a Disney movie, but rather that romance and love is a stolen Playboy and a borrowed copy of Debbie Does Dallas from your best friends dad's secret stash... And it's fitting that Kim Richards plays the role of the innocent Cheryl, as presently Richards causes humanity to lose faith in society more and more each day as she is a real housewife of Beverly Hills - talk about the loss of innocence. Jesus!
And how can we forget Flash! The troubled Italian boy who is forced to counsel at Sasquatch as part of a judges sentencing... At first we see an angry, aloof boy who cares nothing for anything but himself. Yet by the end we see him in the boxing ring, fighting it out with a man twice his size to save Camp Sasquatch from Camp Patton across the lake... Honestly though, Flash is just trying to bang Cheryl. Can you blame him though???? Meatballs 2 is one of the finest works of art in the history of the world!!!! You will laugh, you will cry, you will be taken away to your childhood and of friendships and lessons learned!! Do yourself a favor, sit down, turn out all the lights, take your pants off, and watch this movie! You won't regret it! You will be transformed for the better!!! See it!!!
½ April 16, 2014
There's an E.T in this movie. Do I need to go any further?
½ June 11, 2013
Perfect for a mellow summer afternoon (:
January 14, 2013
A amazing campy camp movie focuses more on laughs than the 1st but is missing the charm bill gave to the original but hey an alien and rivaling boot camp across the lake set up many funny jokes in this movie lots of 80s pop culture references hidden in the movie
December 30, 2012
This is one of the worst movies ever. That being said, I own it on Laserdisc.
December 27, 2012
Meat head! Just about says it all.
October 27, 2012
My favourite installment of series thanks to a hilarious subplot about an alien who looks like a cheap version of E.T. earning his Earth merit badge after being dropped off in a UFO by his parents. The rest of the film is actually subpar.
July 5, 2012
This is the hot sex right here.
½ April 27, 2012
Meatballs Part II recycles the formula from the first movie, only it lacks the sincerity. There's no direct connection between the movies as a different bunch of kids spend a summer at a different camp. Most school camp movies are the same... either they're about two rival camps competing in a tournament or the camp is threatened by developers. Well Meatballs 2 has both. lol. And then just when you think the movie is pretty lame, along comes a space ship and leaves behind a teenage alien to spend the summer with humans. It's a massive case of WTF? But its so ridiculous that it redeems the movie. There's some familiar faces from the past (Paul Rubens, Kim Richards & Jason Hervey) and its generally a fun movie... but not a patch on the original.
½ September 21, 2011
I can see why they wanted to called this Meatballs 2, because they wanted to take advantage of a good movie about camp, but really it has nothing in common with the first one, except that it takes place in a camp. Other then that it has terrible acting, a lame plot and then throw in an alien side plot that makes very little sense, add those together and what you have a cash grab. Plus, did anyone else notice that the kid in the wheelchair walks to the window at the end movie? I mean, what the heck, was it a miracle or did they just forget that he was in a chair for the rest of the movie?
½ September 2, 2011
Jesus apart from being set in a kids holiday camp and at the end 2 camps compete this makes the original look like the funniest film ever made! its dreadful,I didn't even smile let alone laugh at any of this. its criminal it ever got made in the 1st place. what the hell were they thinking? who thought of ripping off et and having a damn alien turning up to stay at the camp would be funny in anyway? seriously this films is shocking at the highest shock factor!

god knows what 3 and 4 are going to be like??
May 9, 2011
Familiar summer camp storylines for the most part but scores with the presence of a raincoat-clad alien (fresh off the heels of E.T.) seeking to earn his Earth merit badge. Worth seeing for the alien alone.
January 16, 2011
A horrible sequel to a fun movie, I was really disappointed, and I hadn't even expected much from it in the first place. It's just stupid.
January 7, 2011
November 3, 2009
Must've been good when I was little
½ November 1, 2009
sucked alien balls.....that explains the title
October 23, 2009
This has got to be the dumbest, worst remakes of all times. The entire cast is annoying from Mulligan to Paul Reubens and Larroquette. There is no point to this movie and I cannot believe they remade a classic like Meatballs. Worse, they made two more of these.
October 4, 2009
Probably not, although I enjoyed the first one