Meeting Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Meeting Evil Reviews

½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ July 27, 2016
great Movie Action Packed
November 19, 2015
I like the casting of this movie, but the movie itself is not very good. Jackson is too over the top, and Wilson is too non-confrontational. Put them together and the diametrically opposed characters, instead of starting something amazing, make you feel like death might be a better option than sitting through this. Thank goodness for Leslie Bibb's stoic portrayal of the "stand by your man" wife. Nothing will surprise you here. Nothing will excite you either.
September 25, 2015
This could have been something special. The trailer had me all excited about this one and even if I had moderate expectations I'd still walk away from this one feeling wronged. If Samuel L Jackson knew he was acting in a horrible movie he didn't let it be known. He acts his ass off trying to save this from being something terrible. But sometimes a good performance can't save a movie. Luke Wilson on the other hand was acting as if he was just there for the paycheck and wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. What a dull performance. This movie is a silly, nonsensical trip through misogyny and psychopath, that seems as aimless as the lead duo's murder-infested road trip. The film hints that it's heading in several different directions, tries to add sub-plots while never having a main plot to begin with. This could have gone in a few different directions. It could have been an intense crime thriller or a suspense horror depending on what direction you wanted to take with Jackson's character. Instead the viewer is left to guess on everything. Is Jackson the devil? A serial killer? Just a demon? Or just a hitman who is very thorough? Nothing pans out and the viewer, if he or she tried to make sense of it, is left befuddled and annoyed at its vacant ending.
August 24, 2015
This was a real blind watch for me, just something I grabbed off cable based on the two leads, and for the most part, it's a lot of fun. It does start to falter under the weight of its own twists and turns in the final reel, but otherwise, it's got a lot of fun bits and some great dialog.

Give it a rental.
½ August 11, 2015
Violent at times, Meeting Evil cannot compensate for its unintentionally funny dialogue and questionable direction
July 6, 2015
You've got to wonder if Luke Wilson sits around sometimes thinking "Geez, WTF happened to my once promising career? I used to work with Wes Anderson...I rocked it out in Old School...and I starred in the cult classic Idiocracy. And then I was an uncredited good in "3:10 to Yuma" and it's been nothing but crap like this ever since. Sam Jackson must have owed somebody a favor to appear in this shitslopper. The better question is why was this even in my queue? I must have been drunk.
May 20, 2015
Incredibly bad. Plot is full of holes and implausible. Direction is pretty much paint-by-numbers.

Samuel L Jackson is woeful as the villain, and it's not all the script's fault. Luke Wilson can do a lot better (but his brother tends to get those roles). The supporting cast are particularly bad, especially those playing the cops.

Avoid.
½ April 6, 2015
"Meeting Evil" is misleading due to nothing here being evil or supernatural as somewhat hinted at. Samuel L. Jackson owns every scene he was in as expected and is the only real reason I rated this as high as I did. I guess I wanted more since I was excited about seeing it for so long and was a little disappointed. Again, Jackson gives his typical greatness, the dialog and suspense is pretty good and then just gets tiresome during the last 30 or so minutes.
½ January 17, 2015
Terrible. Don't waste your time with this film.
November 29, 2014
this was one of the WORST movies I've ever seen...don't waste your time. the main characters are an attractive couple with two fat obese ugly kids and the man who comes knocking on the door is unbelievable. The whole plot is unbelievable.
November 23, 2014
I really did enjoy this one. Samuel Jackson was great as the villain in this one. I'd buy this hands down.
½ November 14, 2014
While it has an interesting story, Meeting Evil fails in its execution. After losing his job John Felton is picked up by a mysterious stranger and unwittingly drawn into his killing spree. Luke Wilson, Samuel L. Jackson, and Leslie Bibb lead the cast, and their performances are decent enough for the material. However, the characters are rather one-dimensional and aren't developed that much. Still, the plot has some intrigue and goes in a few unexpected directions (though it's not able to maintain suspense for very long). Meeting Evil has its moments, but is oddly mundane for a noir thriller.
½ October 22, 2014
Certainly not a great film, but I found it interesting, though it was over the top. Samuel L. Jackson (Richie) is Evil incarnate & Luke Wilson (John) is a Loser personified. The last 10 minutes of the film is shrouded in mystery as to the truth about Richie & John's wife & their rationale for their behavior towards John. The final scene w/John & his wife in bed is purposely ambiguous, a delightful tease...
September 26, 2014
This movie is crazy. Suspenseful
September 12, 2014
If Samuel L. Jackson starred in a Stephen King made for TV 'thriller of the week', this would definitely be it. It's actually not that bad despite some overly hammy acting by the detectives. Jackson plays the role of 'Evil' pretty damn well too.
August 17, 2014
Enjoyed Luke Wilson.and Samuel L. Jackson in their parts. There was something about the movie that didn't hit me but I can't pin point it. That's why I can't give more than 3 stars.
½ August 1, 2014
140801: This film wanted to be the next cult classic but it won't be. Totally lacks conviction. Interesting little story that keeps you enthused but barely. Just never felt as intense as it obviously wanted to be. Many holes to the story that are hard to overlook. Weak acting by everyone. Seems like they were only interested in getting their cheque and putting this film in the can. Enjoyed watching but laughed afterwards, marvelling at what could've been.
July 26, 2014
Sam Jackson seems to be having fun in this routine thriller. Poor ending and cheesy dialogue.