Mega Python Vs. Gatoroid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mega Python Vs. Gatoroid Reviews

June 21, 2012
This film is a rare gem from Asylum; which is still not that great. It has two 80's pop starlets going head to head with poorly thought out wildlife tampering resulting in the creation of two giant and ever-growing monster infestations in the Everglades.
The acting is casual, the special effects slightly upscale for Asylum, and if you are the type who is bothered by plot holes, it will drive you nuts.
That said, it has a bit of playfulness that other offerings lack. Both leads take turns acting like 'irrational chicks', there is a gratifying cat-fight, and an awesome 'bulking up' montage, which, in my book makes this the closest to a winner of any of the latest American mega-monster B-movies I've seen come out of SyFy. Again, notice that only scored three stars from this old-time monster flick fan.
½ June 17, 2012
Mega shark + Mega piranha = another crappy ass movie
June 9, 2012
It wasn't even about the pythons or the gators. It was just another publicity stunt for two former pop stars. They wrote the songs that didn't fit with the scenes, so you can tell that they obviously used this as a promotonal movie. The CG sucked, and when I say sucked, I mean it really sucked. It's not 2011 CG. It was pre-2000 CG. The characters were idiots. The acting was actually okay, but the writing was so terrible that I feel pity for the performers. There were 1 or 2 funny parts, but I'm getting ahead of myself.The title says "Mega Python Vs. Gatoroid", indicating conflict between the two. There was only one brief fight and for the majority of the film, they're working together. Oh, and how can giant reptiles invading Maiami, one of America's most famous cities, not cause any attention from local news reporters and state officials? Why would they need to call the National Guard if they should be there already?!?!?

Overall, it was all about Tiffany and Debbie. Take that away, and it's crap. Well, it's already crap, but it would be crappier crap.
June 8, 2012
This movie got one star because it made me laugh... a lot. The acting was horrible and the CGI was a mess. I thought the cat fight between the two main characters (80s pop stars Debbie Gibson and Tiffany) was hilarious.
½ June 8, 2012
It's awful, but so awful that it's perfect Friday night entertainment.
½ May 29, 2012
Steroid vs reptil lol
½ March 30, 2012
.... Why, just... why? Although I thought the bit with "the Assylum" on the blimp was funny, especially when the blimp deflated like a cartoon balloon!
March 24, 2012
I have no issue with SyFy movies usually, and this one features two pop stars from my youth. While it was wonderful to see Debbie Gibson and Tiffany grown up, and the fight scene between the two was tremendous, the movie is really bad. The effects were horrible - obviously not much of the low budget was spent on this. The concept is mindless to begin with, though it had some chance of being fun. Nope; fun never materialized. I'm glad both the ladies can sing (and each had a song in the background during the movie) because they really can't act.
½ March 21, 2012
Horrible effects and a terrible ending. This film got a lot of promotion because of it's two leading stars but I didn't care for either one of them and not to mention they both die very close to the ending. There is hardly a fight between the Mega Pythons and Gatoriods and most the time they're walking next to each other eating people. It's downright awful.
February 21, 2012
I'm addicted to these movies now! When are they going to have Mega Rabbit vs Hawksaurus?? Cheesy B movies FTW!
½ January 18, 2012
A movie with so much potential that turned out monster-ably.
January 13, 2012
These films are pretty fake but make me laugh
½ December 31, 2011
I thought Mega Piranha was one of the worst movies ever made. This is right up (or down?) there too. Random, contrived, not-believable plot, woeful direction and acting. Surely the worst CGI ever seen. A 50s movie would have looked more realistic.

Like Mega Piranha, the most intriguing thing about this movie is how anybody liked this crap. 18% of viewers, in fact. Anything more than 0% makes me fear for mankind.
December 27, 2011
its ok for a syfy movie.
December 8, 2011
Sadly this movie failed to make it into the 'so bad it's good' category and was just bad. Really really bad. The CGI is appalling - although had the rest of the movie been better shot this may have added to the appeal. The real problem is the standard of acting from the two 'leading' ladies. It is awful. They are awful - even given decent lines for what was ultimately an attempt at a B movie they failed. Epically. Poor sets and terrible special effects could have become part of the movie's charm had it not been for the absolutely dreadful performance by Gibson and Tiffany. A real shame as the movie had great potential. Overall it's a very very long 87 minutes. I know because I must have checked my watch about six times throughout the course of it.
December 4, 2011
Can't stop watching.
November 22, 2011
Yes, it's complete and utter crapolla.
But I was completely and utterly entertained.
October 14, 2011
These films are pretty fake but make me laugh
½ September 25, 2011
Falls into the so horrible it's pretty good category.