Mei shao nian zhi lian (Beauty) (Bishonen) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mei shao nian zhi lian (Beauty) (Bishonen) Reviews

½ December 31, 2013
All we do is setting traps for each other and ouerselves.
½ October 18, 2012
Always, see the love affair tree of a star in magazine, all the strangers can just be linked thru crossed branches and leaves. But that's how we connect.

Shall we ignore those happend before, only focus on those present living?
Or, we do whatever we want, leave all the others alone, including the past.

Gosh, they are tooooooo much pretty to refuse no matter for men or women, and can't believe it's shot in 1998!!!
½ July 29, 2012
A bit of a mess, although one of the most daring HK flicks regarding its subject matter.
November 30, 2010
before brokeback, broke down barriers with its queer subject matter. fung's best movie with his subtleness. if you eliminate genders, it's just a romance with tender moments. also, features the beauty of hk's urban sprawl.
June 29, 2010
10% courage + 20% honesty + 30% innocence + 40% beauty = 100% Bishonen. The irony is that Bishonen, which is filled with courage, honesty, innocence and beauty, is ultimately about the loss of all of these that accompanies the passing of youth. Heartbreak brings the loss of faith in love, which only leads to more heartbreaks.
½ April 29, 2010
Nice sweet and sour gay romance with a smart casting.
February 10, 2010
All the hot men and such a tragic ending. This film follows the lives of four men, especially Sam and Jet. Jet is a male hooker, who falls for Sam, a policeman. Jet is frustrated with Sam's sexual ambiguity but he still desires strongly for Sam.
January 4, 2010
Considering how this is a Hong Kong film from the late 90s, I think the makers of the film did a commendable job being one of the first to address homosexuality. While not as deep as the another gay HK film that came out around the same time (Happy Together), the character interactions are genuine and developed. The fact that the actors are handsome is certainly a bonus and the kissing/sex scenes aren't overly gratuitous.
½ September 26, 2009
So lame. The acting is bothering me throughout the film. You can tell everyone is "acting". The guy who played K.S., he is so bad. The shower scene should be the highlight, but it is so fake, why did he hold on to the showerhead? However the story is not bad and I know homosexuality is not an easy subject to talk about in Chinese society.
August 24, 2009
-0.5 for the acting is not good enough (but overall the story n daniel's body r awesome:P)
June 20, 2009
a little melodramatic at times but a sense of romanticism throughout
½ May 25, 2009
A breakthrough Hong Kong film. Not perfect but way to beautiful to care.
January 6, 2009
Decent movie for people in their mid-20s and younger. But lacks emotional depth for anyone more experienced with life.
January 2, 2009
ok for a chinese love story. daniel wu's first, and you can really tell cuz his cantonese and mandarin both are so darn cute. well, ok, he and stephen both are just pure eye-candy, almost the only reason i saw this film. the flashbacks got confusing for a bit, but made sense in the end (of course). it's still interesting to see how prostitution is seen as a pretty good line of work in asia, where the flip is true in the west. i can only partially understand sam's decision to run away from everything in the end, it still ticks me.
½ January 1, 2009
Trademarks off any Yon Fan's movies- beautiful arts & cinematography, deep obsession off males' body & slack.
November 7, 2008
Littered with promiscuity. Lame ending. Nothing profound about this. WTF was Shu Qi doing in this????
June 19, 2008
it's like if brokeback mountain was an orgy of love triangles... with asian prostitutes instead of white cowboys... and daniel wu speaking incredibly awful chinese.
½ June 13, 2008
impressive...and very beautiful
May 19, 2008
I like 張????so I'm biased, but this movie's casting is pretty good...and again, if not for anything else, the cute guys make a good selling point.
May 4, 2008
I think i've watched this a million times! I loveeeee this movie and its one of the most heartbreaking love stories ever in hongkong cinema.