Mekong Hotel Reviews

• Nov 23, 2017

The man with the impossible name to spell has actually done loads of films if you include his shorts. Some are lately critically acclaimed by movie buffs around the world - with grand reason. He's done several very under the radar films, especially for people in US and EU, but I managed to get a hold of this one. This is not a short, but it's just under one hour long. And I'm glad. This is a very demanding film. There are conversations, boring ones, and that's about it. Sure, we have a man playing guitar - the soundtrack to the film and actually the best feature of the film. I must admit, it's a neat touch, but the talking is boring, even vampire shots eating people every now and then at the same hotel the talking happen is not making it interesting. I have seen great films from the guy, but never really liked his most praised one - "Uncle Boonmee". This is my absolute least favorite, even if there are some nice touches here as the mentioned guitarplay and the very mellow and chill mood it puts the viewer in. It did the trick on me, and I fell off quite fast, that must be mentioned. Not artsy, really, more a borefest, with some fresh ideas that get's killed by the talking. It's almost impressive that vampireshots can feel so flat, maybe it was intended. If so, great job! 3 out of 10 golden pants.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    May 01, 2016

Let's be honest, this is not a film, it is more like a thing, an object - it just stays there, inert. It doesn't say anything, it doesn't become anything, it only exists, and with only a bit less than an hour of running time it overstays its welcome and you can pay attention to it or not.

• Jan 22, 2013

Dont waste your time.

Dont waste your time.

• Oct 12, 2012

Awful. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Waste of time. No plot. Little dialogue. No point to it. Thank god it was only one hour; I was ready to run out of the theater screaming. This site lists Tilda Swinton as part of the cast - - not in the version we saw at the Chicago Film Festival on 10/12/12.