Melanie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Melanie Reviews

September 28, 2013
I recorded this movie years ago on VHS when it played on a premium station. It's what you would call a sleeper hit. Burton Cumming's is hiliarious as the loner stoner turn gentle protector. Paul Sorivno gives a strong performance as done Glynnis O'Connor. If you are a Don Johnson fan, this is a very young Don and I would say not one of his best acting jobs but he is affective. The story is clean and endearing with a nice ending though not for all of it's characters. Bonus, if you like Burton Cummings or the Guess Who's sound, the you will enjoy the sound track to this movie. Very Well Done!
May 10, 2012
An early Canadian film - but about an family from Arkansas. I was attracted to the movie as I saw that Burton Cummings was in the cast. It is a feel-good story of a mom who sets out to the big city to retrieve her son who has been kidnapped by her husband. The story is fine, but the filming is pretty bad -- scenes where you cannot hear the dialogue because of the background noise, and some really fuzzy scenes (which did not feel like they were put there on purpose). It is good that Burton stuck to music and did not go into acting in a big way.