Melody (S.W.A.L.K.) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Melody (S.W.A.L.K.) Reviews

October 4, 2012
good movie good songs for sure. well described from children's view but i dont understand why this movie is rated high
January 8, 2011
the best film that describe puppy love , and the songs by Bee Gee are great
March 20, 2010
Somehow not well known in the UK but quite enjoyable movie from my childhood. The soundtrack of Beegees is also very good.
February 16, 2010
‚?• the simiple film ‚?• the music ‚?• ornshaw ‚?• jack wild
½ October 14, 2009
A 1971 film from UK. Curiosity & confusion about puberty, peer-ship (actually a very obscure hint of homosexuality here) VS love-interest, questioning of authorities (parents & school), a recognition of family background differences, BEE GEES' everlasting golden soundtracks. Simply cute & sweet. By the way, all 3 little leadings were cute & good then: Mark Lester will be coming back in a 2010 production since 70s; whilst Tracy Hyde is no longer in the industry for quite a while, & Jack Wild had passed away already.
½ October 13, 2009
June 8, 2009
My fovoritre movie when I was young...ufffffffffffffffffffffffffffff....a long time ago
½ March 10, 2009
i saw this the first time when i was very young, it is lovely!
August 15, 2008
la vi cuando ten√¨a alrededor de 8 a√Īos, en la d√®cada de los 70`. me encant√≤!! no me olvido m√†s de esta pel√¨cula!!
August 7, 2008
i REALLY want to see this movie but there is no where you can find it!!
June 4, 2008
Very good film. I first watched it back in the 80's and it reminded me very much of my childhood growing up in London. It reunited Mark Lester with the fabulous Jack Wild two years after they had appeared in Oliver together.
April 14, 2008
I saw this movie on TV when I was a child. Everytime when I heard MELODY FAIR and FIRST OF MAY will bring many scences back about this movie. It was great.
April 9, 2008
Puppy Love At Its Best - This film deserves much of my attention as I have such a wonderful memory of it. The story is harmonized with all the greastest soundtracks by the Bee Gees, the traditional background of an old English village - what a beautiful film, which I love so much that I'll remain to love it forever!
½ February 16, 2008
really nice n lovin..
January 2, 2008
ive got the film,and the l.p.i love it.S.W.A.L.K.
November 20, 2007
it's purest love that i've ever seen
November 15, 2007
This movie was just so great... and sweetest movie ever.....
November 3, 2007
I'm giving this five stars only because I remember loving it when I saw it (for the first and last time) as a child. God knows what I'd think of it if I watched it now. There are some scenes that I can still remember: Daniel watching melody in ballet class; Melody buying a goldfish in a glass jar; Daniel and melody on a handcart. The chinese actress Chen-Chen had a small part in it, but I cant remember much about her. It was a happy film, full of sunshine. Oh! That bit where Daniel, in answer to Melody's "I don't think you could love me forever", "Of course I could. I've loved you for a whole week already, haven't I?"
November 1, 2007
it is the innocent mind of the 2 youngs and the simplicity of the world viewed through their eyes which contribute to the beauty of this movie. Bee Gee's songs match the movie gorgeously too. I can't love it anymore.
October 17, 2007
jack wild is the ultimate precocious kid Ornshaw, reunited here with Oliver co-star Mark Lester and newcomer Tracy Hyde. early Bee Gees chamber-pop tunes form the soundtrack.