Mémoires affectives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mémoires affectives Reviews

August 19, 2013
The movie starts off very strongly but ends in disappointment. The lead role is a very able actor. He's great to watch even though large parts of the movie are slow, and have little or no dialogue.
In the end the tension that is slowly built up through the movie falls flat as plot holes suddenly become overevident and the payload turns out to be non-existent. A better ending would have made this a good movie.
½ December 3, 2012
Good, special twist at the end.
November 12, 2010
A good mystery film about a man declared clinically dead, came out of his coma which he lost his long term memory. Upon meeting acquaintances, his memory comes back like pieces of jigsaw puzzle of images from his violent past. His quest by his troubled memory will guide him to the source which he will discover the truth.
September 20, 2010
Mémoires affectives est un excellent film québécois mettant vedette Roy Dupuis dans le rôle d'un amnésique. Le film est très bien construit et la photo est exceptionnelle. Le montage est d'une rare beauté et les comédiens sont extrêmement excellent. On peu ce perdre dans l'histoire, mais il faut être prêt à regarder ce film et à ce ''casser'' la tête. Un très bon film à voir lorsqu'on veut avoir mal à la tête !!!
May 11, 2009
film d'une esthétique inspirante avec un sujet poignant et des personnages attachants... l'atmosphère étrange du film me rappelle ce bijoux de film nommé "Fargo"; très grand compliment pour ce film canadien simple, mais émouvant !
bien contente de l'avoir enfin vu et ressenti...
½ April 26, 2009
It is an interesting subject, what happend if we loss our memory?, the fellings are lost too?
More interesting was the context, the argument. A brillant scenario. The photography was an art in movement. An analize of colours and background were deep and use in a perfect way. Care and coldnees were mixed. The cast´s work was solid and beautiful!
And the final was crazy!!!
Great movie!!
½ December 4, 2008
A superb discovery this one. Love the accent :-) A well-shot thriller this is.
April 16, 2008
MÉMOIRES AFFECTIVES (2004)
directed by Francis Leclerc
starring Roy Dupuis, Rosa Zacharie, Guy ThauvetteAlexandre emerges from a long coma after being declared clinically dead. He doesnt remember anything prior to the accident that put him to sleep for so long. He slowly gain his speech again and soon, he is free again, still strugling with himself, looking to find his own memories. Everytime he speaks with someone, his wife, his daugther, or even his best friends, they bring back memories to him but seconds later, they change their mind and say the opposite, as if they were messing with him but maybe he simply absorbs their memores, or even his mind might just be playing tricks on him. He is also dealing with some repress memories that might be the key to remember who he actually was.The first time I saw Mémores affectives I felt underwhelmed, thought the film made no sense. Watching it again almost four years later I noticed the same quality and so much more. The movie is so detailed I dont understand how I could think it made no sense at all after the first watch.Steve Asselin's photography is simply amazing, that guy keeps impressing me with every movies he works on, a truely talent cinematographer. Roy Dupuis has become a better actor as he aged and can now be considered one of Quebec's finest actors, and not simply one of its biggest stars. He is credible here and carries the film on his shoulder. The screenplay is very clever and very well-crafted, there are a few uplifting scenes as well that makes the film surprisingly stylish, yet very deep.I would complain about one explanatory scene that I would have prefered out of the film cause my thinking process brought me there already, but Im guessing the filmmakers were kind of forced to put it there to make sure their would be nothing left unanswered, especially for those who didnt understand.With its strange plot that ultimately makes sense Mémoires affectives is a movie that gets better with each viewing, Im convinced of that, except I dont understand why they spend so much time on the investigation of the initial accident without ever giving answeres, even though, its not what we really care for. Without being Americanize, Mémoires affectives proves that our small budgeted movies in Quebec can easily compete with the bigger American movies and have the same production values. The more I think about the film, the more it grows on me. Good stuff. Nice second directorial effort for Francis Leclerc, who has dissapointed me with his first film.
½ March 19, 2008
tellement bien fait et filmé
January 12, 2008
Excellent film. Complique et interessant.
½ November 29, 2007
La photographie; superbe! Le jeu des acteurs solides. L'histoire nous amène dans les limbes de l'inconscient.
November 22, 2007
super film quebecois qui explore la memoire et l'inconscient avec brio!
November 16, 2007
Francis Leclerc nous livre un scenario brillamment construit rehausse par une realisation geniale. Roy Dupuis nous livre une interpretation solide.
November 12, 2007
Nous sommes les prisonniers de s nos memoires. Ce qu'on ne sait pas, ne fait pas mal.
November 1, 2007
I have the DVD and to be honest it was kind of boring at times the film, but the cinematography was lovely and so was the plot. Roy Dupuis has done a job well done yet again!
½ October 15, 2007
Solide direction, photographie, thème, etc...
October 14, 2007
Plusieurs niveaux de lectures intéressants... Roy Dupuis est merveilleux!
October 12, 2007
Mysterious voyage to find what was lost - battling illusions - to regain what is - merveilleux Roy Dupuis
½ October 10, 2007
bon film, intéressant, mais pas un chef d'oeuvre. La photographie est très bonne pas contre. Intrigue un peu décousue, mais on ne la soupçonne pas
September 22, 2007
Un film froid d'une grande chaleur