Memoria Reviews

• Feb 09, 2019

A incredibly powerful work of art that leaves you shocked and reeling for answers.

• Jan 15, 2018

I don't understand the 7 of 10 rating as of my watching this film. It starts seemingly stupid and continues being stupid. Quit watching after five minutes.

• Dec 11, 2017

I'm loving James Franco at the minute and looking forward to the Disaster Artist, so am going through some of his recent back-catalog. This film won't live too long in the memory though, even though it held my attention throughout. I expected more, due to the Indie award nominations and good critic reviews.

• Dec 06, 2016

I liked the style, having it look older was an interesting touch. I watched this for James Franco, he's barely in here, but is good when he is! I liked that Thomas Mann and Lakeith Stanfield were in this, both were excellent, but wish we had seen more Stanfield. The writing was decent, most of the dialogue was pretty good, but I didn't like the story. The direction was alright, but not the best. My biggest gripe is how crazy Ivan gets by the end, because it's not earned. I was surprised not because it was unexpected, but because it doesn't make sense. Nothing drastic enough happened for him to act up the way he did. It's also very short, goes by fast, yet feels long. The ending is pretty terrible as well, yet works in a very weird way. That brings me to another complaint which is how incomplete it feels. I guess that the pros were good enough to make me give this a 4, but this really isn't very good, and definitely isn't worth yours or anyone else's time. Also, the 100% just means the five critics who reviewed it gave it any fresh rating, it's not actually 100%.

• Aug 02, 2016

Very interesting take on youth.

Very interesting take on youth.