Memorial Valley Massacre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Memorial Valley Massacre Reviews

January 31, 2016
I don't really know how I feel about this movie. It's bad... really, really bad, but I don't know if it's bad like Nail Gun Massacre (which is hilariously bad) or just plain unwatchable bad. I didn't really enjoy watching this movie, but I was pretty fascinated by how terrible it was and how it didn't even feel like a horror movie at all. The entire movie plays like a bad 80s summer comedy movie than a slasher movie. The killer has a pretty funny backstory as basically a George of the Jungle/Tarzan character that lives in a state park. It's even better how he has a lovely perm and looks pretty clean shaven.

I didn't enjoy this as much as other bad forest slashers like The Forest and Don't Go in the Park, but I feel there is some "so-bad-it's-good" merit to this movie. Very on the fence about this though. Watch at your own risk.
½ March 20, 2014
The grand opening of Memorial Valley campground is a disaster. And that was before the first camper dies. The roads aren't complete, there is no running water, and the restrooms haven't finished construction. The new facilities also disturb the tranquil life of a feral youngster who goes on a killing spree against the new intruders to the area. Has some camp value, it is almost hard to believe they couldn't have done a better job with the caveman character. Yet another in a long list of suspect productions Cameron Mitchell appears in. For slasher film completists only.
December 30, 2013
The first hour of this movie with the exception of a couple of funny scenes is hard to sit through. The last half hour is when it finally picks up but by that point I didn't care anymore. For those that are wanting to see this, you can watch it on Youtube. Under cast they have listed the wrong John Kerry!
½ August 8, 2012
I really thought going into this movie that it was a Full Moon feature. It really had the flavor and the feel, just minus the stop motion animation or creepy dolls. It turns out to be something a lot worse. Memorial Valley Massacre is really about as drab and uninteresting as they come, with a plot so full of holes you'd think that moths had eaten their way through the shooting script. There's not really much that stands out in the movie that could make you enjoy it in the least. It's definitely one of those late night cable watches that you instantly forget and then remember years later. The acting is alright I guess, and the concept is decent (if not full of cliches), but it never really even reaches mediocre, and mostly just falls flat on its face most of the time. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I thought with a title like that that I was in for something at least corny and fun, but instead it takes itself too seriously, and that's mainly where it fails. It's not really a good movie, but it's worth at least a watch I suppose, but just don't expect anything near entertaining.
March 23, 2012
Well, that was the first time I saw someone almost lovingly hugged to death in a slasher. Also, good job Flixster, listing John Kerry the senator from Massachusetts as a cast member.
½ July 31, 2011
bad acting , a killer that looks like tarzan ... lame soundtrack make up this 80s cheeseball horror flickits terrible but likable at the same time
May 30, 2011
Cheesy slasher about a wild man disrupting holiday fun at a camp site. Enjoyable.
½ November 14, 2009
There were many things wrong with this film. The biggest mistake, however, was the decision to make "the hermit" look like a cartoon character version of a cave man. Horrible cheesy wig, big goofy fake teeth, and lots of grunts and groaning. What could have been a genuinely interesting character just turned out to be a joke. I really hope that the costume/makeup department never found work again.
October 19, 2008
The humor was pretty much the only thing that made this interesting for me. It had all of the elements a horror flick should have - violence, boobs and really dumb victims... I'm not sorry that I saw it. I've seen worse.
½ September 22, 2008
It is one of those B horror movies that isn't even worth watching because it is just a stupid movie about destroying nature and psycho cavemen.
½ September 20, 2008
Memorial Valley Massacre is one of those loony late-'80s slashers that, so concerned with avoiding genre cliches, spirals into absurdity (and hilarity). Equipped with a feral-boy killer who rescues bunnies in his spare time and a group of completely moronic victims, it's fun, silly, cheesy, and all-around entertaining.
August 4, 2008
cheesy madness ensues. This movie is in a league of its own and it rocks!
½ July 27, 2008
It's a Big Time B-Movie.
Still fun to watch.
June 10, 2008
Horrendous film where a caveman terrorizes campers. Low production values do not help matters. One can only assume they spent most of the budget in securing Cameron Mitchell and William Smith for supporting roles.
½ May 13, 2008
Bad on numerous levels.
½ April 24, 2008
A TERRIBLE film, for sure, but its so bad....its often hilarious, which makes it quite entertaining for lovers of bad horror movies. And I am a lover of bad horror movies.
April 8, 2008
the only redeeming value about this movie is that you can watch it and make fun of it endlessly. thats why it gets a whole star instead of a half. also, i don't believe i have ever seen a more annoying character in this movie other than that fat kid. i was glad when he died even though it was in the stupidest fashion ever.
March 12, 2008
Absolute dirge... no need to bother when you could just watch The Hills Have Eyes or one of the better Friday 13ths...
January 26, 2008
Horrible. Not funny and very badly acted.