Men at Lunch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men at Lunch Reviews

October 20, 2014
too much repetition. more research, less guesswork.
½ June 29, 2014
Men At Lunch is one of interesting documentaries I have ever watched. It's history that we all should respect.
May 26, 2014
Loved it! Foreigners arent just foreigners they do work, are creative and they build and work their asses of as usual!
Harlequin68
½ September 24, 2013
For the record, watching a documentary try and describe New York City while watching it within the city limits is sort of odd but at least we get said descriptions in the dulcet tones of Fionnula Flanagan in the documentary "Men at Lunch." And as maddeningly vague as it is with the identities of the 11 men photographed having lunch on September 20, 1932(two definite and two more probables from Ireland) 800 feet above the ground at the construction site of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, that's not really the point here.(There is a valuable reminder here of the photographers who were also risking life and limb to get those photos, however staged they might have been.) What the documentary is really after and does so in fine form is to salute the work and lives of all of the anonymous ironworkers who still put their lives on the line everyday to build the city.(Of the two Irish workers identified, one died back in Ireland at a ripe old age, the other one not so much in New York City.) So, after the movie was over and I was walking south down Sixth Avenue, I tipped my hat towards the new One World Trade Center and all the workers there.
½ February 18, 2013
By indulging (at length) the fantasies of participants who claim connections to the iconic photograph; whether by descent, or heritage, or - most tenuously - by being photographer for a current skyscraper project, the movie undermines the value it could have found by taking a different and deeper approach. Cut to half an hour this might be good filler for The History Channel.