Men in Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men in Black Reviews

February 14, 2016
It feels slightly dated in the VFX department, but still Men In Black is a perfectly satisfying sci-fi action comedy with moments of laughs and bams. Great action set pieces, wonderful practical effects, likable lead performances, and whimsical score by Danny Elfman make up for its flaws. It's pretty good fun.
January 20, 2016
funny and has good acting
January 6, 2016
Always loved Will Smith and so I Loved this movie it era a awesome story and was very intertaining with the action seens
½ December 19, 2015
Pretty good movie. Very quotable, very funny, and action packed to the top, even if the story is pretty stupid and it is not as satisfying as you want it to be.
December 7, 2015
great movie, Will smiths jokes mixed with Tommy lee Jones seriousness ='s to a greatness
½ December 2, 2015
Really fun comic-book sci fi adaptation, good casting and performances and effects.
December 1, 2015
Such a fun movie! Casting was perfect for the movie! Don't watch the sequels they were ok!
½ November 21, 2015
Love this movie. That is all.
½ November 5, 2015
This movie is a bit of an enigma to me. I watched it too much when I was too young to get a lot of the humour so I never really am sure how I feel about it. Objectively it is what it is; entertaining summer blockbuster and clever enough mid-nineties staple.
½ October 7, 2015
pretty friggin hilarious
September 17, 2015
Smart, interesting, and loads of fun! This is one of the best movies the 1990's can offer! A+
September 14, 2015
Like it when I was a kid
September 9, 2015
I cannot believe I took so long to watch this classic alien movie. It was pretty epic and so very cool. Definitely a must see!
September 5, 2015
The Original MIB is a Masterpiece.
August 21, 2015
It is amazingly funny and well-directed, some dead-set funny lines and a well-acted and made script. Definitely Sonnenfeld's best work, an adventure, comedy, sci-fi and action movie put together. It is without doubt, a must-see movie before you die.
August 14, 2015
Very clever and fun movie. Although you've seen this type of plot before, the two cops with distinct personalities and the 'insert name here' device that will destroy the world. But what makes this movie work is that it is over-the-top silly and it knows that and has fun with it. And what makes this movie memorable is Will Smith. He is just so damn cool and hilarious. That perfect balance between the Fresh Prince and his role in Independence Day. This movie is also really short too so it's perfect for a movie day inside on a rainy day. Check it out if you want some cool action and some great laughs!
½ August 3, 2015
Men in Black has terrific special effects that aged like fine wine, the performances from Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are superb and the two are a great duo and the plot is entertaining, but that story is also too silly, the action is overwhelming and this is the perfect example of a bad genre classification - just because the movie has a couple of funny scenes does not mean it is a comedy and that genre mix is typical of its time and did not age well. But it is overall a fun and solid film, albeit nothing too remarkable.
½ August 2, 2015
Quite silly, but at the same time some funny parts. A bit slow overall though.
July 30, 2015
Smart, funny, and intriguing, Men in Black is an entertaining popcorn flick thanks to its inventive story and delightful visuals
July 23, 2015
The neurolizer's significance is entirely too understated here. How much we are under its sway forever, will never be known.