Men of Honor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men of Honor Reviews

½ April 25, 2017
What a movie the acting was amazing go gripping
April 14, 2017
Movie about the first black deep sea diver in the U.S. Navy. Some of it was good. Not enough to make me like it. The racism was really bad and its sad that he had to go through that. That's really all I got from it.
February 23, 2017
Men of Honor tells the story of Carl Brasher. Carl was the navy's first African American diver. The movie examines his time in the navy from his rough beginings under master chief billy Sunday and the racism he dealt with, his rise to chief, the lost of his leg to the fateful trial that would determine the rest of his career in the navy. The movie also looks at Billy Sunday and how similar he was to Carl as far as honor went.
it's got a very generic inspirational tone and feel too it. A pretty decent film I must say. this is very predictable but still a well adapted script. I will say the surprising predicament of billy Sunday in this story was different than most films of this kind and it was nice to see..
great work from cuba gooding jr. A straightforward performance where he plays a determined diver who looks to prove that he can do what others said he couldn't. He held his own with the veteran de niro. A solid performance from Robert de niro too. The relationship between Carl and Billy is one of respect but of honor as well.
The film had very good editing. decent cinematography as well. Does make you wonder what other navy stories there were that involved black people.
Overall the film definitely inspires and uplifts. 3 out 5 stars for sure.
February 14, 2017
LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!! So inspirational
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 2, 2017
Good old drama that you watch once and never again.
November 17, 2016
A bit long, but well worth it even if you aren't in the service.
½ September 24, 2016
I don't like these kind of movies, I find them full of stereotypes. Given that, I have to say that is ok to watch it, but just in case there is anything more suitable for the night.
August 26, 2016
Total bull this movie is this rating. The writing is unbelievable, absolutely amazing quotes
August 8, 2016
A pesar del valor, es el tipico trama de este genero
April 20, 2016
loved this movie yes Honor is the key to everything
January 9, 2016
Starts of slow but turns out to be such a great film. Cuba Gooding Jr. Should have won an Oscar for his performance in the film.
January 3, 2016
Courage and honor. A Fascinating true story.
½ July 1, 2015
Good historical military drama.

The true story of Carl Brashear, the first African-American master diver in the US Navy, and the first amputee diver. Shows his training, and the opposition he faced.

Interesting movie. Shows the courage and determination it took for Brashear to make it as a diver. Feels a bit flat otherwise, though: the story is told in fairly join-the-dots fashion and there is very little emotional attachment to the characters. Character development is reasonably shallow.

Solid performances from Cuba Gooding Jr and Robert De Niro in the lead roles.
June 22, 2015
Great one ! The Rocky for Divers , Great acting again by De Niro and also Cuba Gooding Jr. Movie stays fun to see ! My 32th De Niro- Movie . SOMDVD
½ June 18, 2015
Great movie. Good acting. Pulled me in despite not really caring about the subject matter of "divers."
June 1, 2015
The two leads performances save this generic drama but still it's no big shakes.
½ May 22, 2015
excellent movie. whether exaggerated or not the storyline certainly makes you think, inspires and motivates. the acting was on point, de niro, gooding, rapaport and theron did a fantastic job. this is definitely on my top 10 list.
February 21, 2015
Drama about the first black deep sea diver for the Navy. It's slow and the characterizations are thin.
½ February 14, 2015
This movie was so forgettable, that I hadn't even remembered watching it until I went to rate it on here and realized I already had