Mercury Rising Reviews

• Mar 20, 2021

It's rare for a Bruce Willis action movie to have moved my girlfriend to tears

It's rare for a Bruce Willis action movie to have moved my girlfriend to tears

• Mar 18, 2021

As a movie, given the technology in the early 90s, it's not bad. Main motive of the crime in the plot, however, is a classic abuse of fact by the villain, which is always so childish that it feels detached for me. There are a number of better alternatives to handle the case instead of committing a crime again and again.

• Nov 10, 2020

Another action/thriller from the old VHS collection and this one did not age well for me at all. 4.5/10

• Sep 02, 2020

This movie focuses on a more dramatic aspect of an already not very interesting plot, and has like 4 action sequences. That's it. An action movie with 4 action sequences. The stroy is predictable and pretty slow paced, which makes the movie drag. The acting is mostly okay, besides the kid. I'm very sorry to say it, but the child acting annoyed me so much. I get that he's portraying an autistic child but he is so annoying. There's barely anything likeable about him anyway, which would be that his parents get killed early on, but he doesn't even realize it. As I mentioned before, this movie doesn't have many action scenes, but the ones that are, are actually pretty good, so that's enough for 2 and a half stars.

• Aug 19, 2020

I think Bruce Willis couldn't do better than this with this generic puddle of a movie.

• Aug 07, 2020

Well what can I say about the film is that i really enjoyed the movie. I really like how the movie shows how the guilt that Art has after seeing that teenager die in the beginning of the movie really made him want to help and save Simon who is also a child. That is one of the main plot points that i really liked of this film. I know some of you people might think that their isnt much in this movie well you wrong this movie is a classic in its own genre it shows how far a good man will go to save a child in need of saving.

• Jul 05, 2020

An average thriller with a fantastic performance from Miko Hughes his disappearance after this is a real shame.

• May 27, 2020

Great movie! Willis is excellent as a hardened FBI agent with a heart. It moves fast enough to keep you engaged right up to the predictable yet hea warming. Predictability isn't always a bad thing especially when the telegrahed ending is something you want to see.

• Nov 17, 2019

Bruce Willis does what he can with this unremarkable script, and Alec Baldwin is an effective bad guy. The writing is just illogical in parts, like Baldwin's henchman who can shoot people in public and get away with it, or the short haired woman Willis comes across who he entrusts to look after annoying faced Simon. She appears midway through the picture, a total stranger, and with little to no development she's fully involved in their situation after like 2 scenes. The action is nothing special either. I also found the soundtrack to be pretty mawkish too. I guess you could enjoy this as a Friday night flick with a cold beer when nothing else is on.

• Apr 19, 2019

While an impressive vehicle for the talents of young Miko Hughes, Mercury Rising amounts to little more than a humdrum thriller devoid of thrills and hindered further by a premise too logically flawed to entertain.