Merlin's Apprentice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Merlin's Apprentice Reviews

August 17, 2012
There are so many inconsistencies between this movie and the original, I wonder if the producers had even watched Merlin before writing the script.
½ March 30, 2012
If it was possible to give this movie less than 1/2 star rating, I would. Also, if it was possible to get that three hours of my life back, I would but I'm afraid that is equally impossible. I do need to congratulate the film for holding the title of "Worst Film I've Ever EVER Seen." Not many movies can fail quite as entirely as Merlin's Apprentice has and that's a talent in and of itself, really.
½ February 4, 2012
ascordeiro108
½ January 6, 2011
Merlin(1998) was much better, but still this was good
October 21, 2010
Not bad for a made for television movie. Sam Neill is a lot of fun as Merlin. The whole concept of Merlin falling asleep only to wake and find Camelot in ruins and the Knights of the Round table long gone along with the famed Holy Grail is pretty creative. In fact, the twists and turns along the way, though not always presented very well, make this a very interesting story overall.
I don't want to give too much away so I'll just say that the love stories in the film are obvious and yet, not well done at all. The ending was also pretty lame. After such a long story with twists and turns, to have such a boring ending was a let down.
To my surprise, the action in the film was often very good. There were actual moments of creativity to some of the fight sequences which wasn't expected at all.
While the CG isn't great, it's effective and on par with other television outings.
All in all, this film, even with all that's bad about it, was entertaining.
½ June 18, 2010
this Was a great movie!
May 25, 2010
Bad version. Very dissapointing. John Reardon was the only highlight.
April 22, 2010
it was really good movie everyone should seen it I love it all.
½ March 9, 2010
This left me very disappointed. The first one was 1000 times better.
February 16, 2010
Very impressive movie!!! It only gets ***.
February 1, 2010
Too long, but it was nice.
½ November 22, 2009
This is the sequel to the most amazing mini-series, and one of TV's greatest accomplishments, Merlin. This is, however, an entirely beast, and I mean that in a bad way. They hanged sme characters for no reason, and it lookd cheap and was a little borig. The main actor did well, and it was cool to see Sam Neil back.
August 18, 2009
nothing like the original & kinda cheesy but all & all good fun but wish they kept to the original story
½ July 11, 2009
LOVE ARTHURIAN STORIES!!
July 5, 2009
Interesting twists and turns.
½ May 22, 2009
This was a really good movie, separate from the original Merlin. As sequels go this was a disaster. I loved the movie nonetheless.
April 24, 2009
much bettor than first knight
April 12, 2009
Still a big fan of King Arthur's Lore and Merlin.
March 25, 2009
1 of my fave movies!
March 4, 2009
i def luv this one! John Reardon rocks in this movie! rawrrr! lol