Merrily We Live - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Merrily We Live Reviews

July 5, 2017
I love this movie! Too hilarious.
August 6, 2014
u better watch "my man godfrey" first before u watch this
jjnxn
November 19, 2013
Silly piece of fluff but as play by experts it's quite enjoyable.
½ January 26, 2013
this movie is pretty dang funny and the family is all weirdly insane in a comical way which makes for a great movie.
July 1, 2012
This movie is silly and witty. It is fun from beginning to end.
May 27, 2012
another witty smart screwball comedy
½ September 19, 2010
This movie is silly and has some good comedy, but it's not that good.
½ November 22, 2008
So this is basically a rip-off of "My Man Godfrey" but the cast is pretty great and it's still got some unique moments. Billie Burke is always delightful and Bonita Granville (subject of my never-ending study) is a cheeky little thing. Opening song is just about as cheesily 1930s as you could get, and almost balances out the places where the film drags a little.
½ June 10, 2008
God bless Billie Burke. She irritated me for years with her overly cheerfull way but when you see her in this, as well as the good witch is The Wizard of Oz and not least as Topper's wife, you realize what a gifted comedienne she was. This one even got her a well-deserved Oscar-nomination.
March 22, 2008
this is the funniest movie ever! Ever!
December 15, 2007
I love Constance Bennett, and this is definitely one of her best films. Billie Burke is hilarious as the ditzy mother, and Bonita Granville was well-cast as the sassy younger daughter. This is the only film I like Brian Aherne in. Altogether a cute, witty film that I adore!