Mesmerized - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mesmerized Reviews

½ May 13, 2014
Worth a look but overall I found it quite boring.
½ May 13, 2014
4.5/10. What a huge disappointment! Great cast, expect so much more from Jodie Foster. Nicely produced but boring as hell.
July 7, 2010
Si realmente fue rodada en Nueva Zelanda, fue un gasto innecesario: son contadísimos los paisajes mostrados, si bien esos pocos tienen su lado bello.
Aun cuando se sabe que está basada en hechos reales, la resolución es demasiado predecible, muy anunciada, carente de suspenso: es una historia que se pinta muy fácil en todo su desarrollo.
Pero imposible no apreciar la belleza de una joven Jodie Foster.
½ August 30, 2008
The years immediately preceding "The Accused" were lean ones for Jodie Foster. In this truly awful "thriller", she plays an orphan in 19th Century New Zealand (no, really) who becomes the reluctant young bride of a middle-aged businessman. "Mesmerized" features perhaps the worst accent work ever committed to film - Jodie sounds like a member of the English landed classes, while the terribly miscast John Lithgow oscillates wildly beween American, Irish, South African and Australian accents. Give Jodie and her enchanted scissors a wide berth.
½ March 25, 2008
Letter to Jodie Foster: Part II. Dear Jodie Foster. What the fuck was Mesmerized (aka My Letter to George, aka Shocked)? You had a perfect track record with me until today! That's ok. In the same way that I forgave Eliza Dushku for Soul Survivors, and Sarah Michelle Gellar for Harvard Man, I shall forgive you for this piece of dynamo turge. It wasn't that it was bad; it was just interminably boring. I almost wished that I'd been slipped that chloroform. Love from your 'shocked', but still loyal fan, Robert. PS. Fingers crossed for Nim's Island!
December 30, 2007
John Lithgow sounds like an Aussie when he's supossed to be a kiwi!
He does a good job though.
A lot of holes in the movie that were left unexplained.
September 14, 2007
SAw the last half of it, and I didn't understand most of it, but I didn't like what I did understand. Normally, with movies I don't understand, I usually give them a second chnace to fill in the blanks, but I have no desire to with this one.
August 13, 2007
A rather odd but nevertheless interesting film.
½ July 18, 2007
This movie was so strange and perverse.
June 5, 2007
Wierd movie for sure....but jodie fosters in it...what can i say...see it if u haven't!
June 5, 2007
i need to rewatch so that i actually pay attention, but the synopsis was amazing, and the main character is named victoria, and she has to trim the older dude's nosehairs. weird sexual desires is right!