Metallica Through the Never - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Metallica Through the Never Reviews

December 31, 2016
This movie captures the very essence of everything that Metallica has ever done in their entire career worth listening to. Everything wrapped up in a $32 million-dollar commercial failure of what they call a movie. Put aside the side shifting storyline, this is an excellent concert worth every penny they spent on it. If you're a Metallica fan this is a must watch. It was free on Netflix for a while, but now you'll have to rent it. This thing made a little over $7 million dollars, I consider this a triumph for them, but, they are back with the newly anticipated album, Hardwired to Self-Destruct. It's #1 on the album charts, so they are back. And with a vengeance.
½ December 16, 2016
A real Concert-Movie tucked into a modern apocalyptic context, and appropriate in the true essence of Rock Metal
December 10, 2016
Part concert film, part disaster epic, Through the Never is a fun ride filled to the brim with some of Metallica's greatest hits. With stunning visuals and a concert atmosphere so real it feels like you're there, Through the Never is a must see for Metallica fans, and fans of concert films alike.
December 8, 2016
An entertaining rock fest for Metallica fans!
½ September 11, 2016
Slick and glossy. Different approach
August 12, 2016
Very well done. Great concept.
½ May 17, 2016
Good concert footage made better through a fictional surreal background story.
May 8, 2016
Metallica in concert with some sort of weird apocalyptic adventure going on with one of the roadies
½ May 1, 2016
The concert bits are pretty bloody impressive. As for the side-plot, well.....
April 18, 2016
Metallica's live show is incredible, accompanied by an interesting and thrilling narrative.
March 25, 2016
Maybe there's no fade to black but there's master, justice, one, ride....
If you're a metallica fan, it's a must watch.
½ March 21, 2016
Watching and Listening to Metallica in an Imax 3D cinema was as almost as good as their headline slot at Sonisphere but not quite the same, good setlist, trying to add a storyline to match it was difficult but just was very bizzare yet enjoyable.
February 17, 2016
The greatest film ever made!
½ February 11, 2016
Excellent show from Metallica but story that intercuts the songs is a bit weird.
½ January 17, 2016
An energetic pill for fans.
January 5, 2016
My favorite heavy metal band+good acting+cinematography/pyrotechnics= My favorite music movie ever.
January 1, 2016
Fellow Metallica fans will not be disappointed, even if the so-called storyline makes no sense whatsoever.
December 12, 2015
Loved it! Best band ever!!!
½ October 27, 2015
Kill em All through Justice tracks are good black album through current = sell outs
October 17, 2015
Metallica Through the Never is the newest concert movie and finally us hard rock and heavy metal fans get our movie. I am a huge, huge Metallica fan with my favorite songs being "Sad but True", "Enter Sandman", "Master of Puppets", "One", "For Whom the Bell Tolls", and "Creeping Death". It looks awesome from the trailers and I'm surprised that this movie will be Rated R. It's also in 3-D which is a little unnecessary in my opinion and I hope that Metallica performs Sad but True. I will definitely be seeing this movie in IMAX 3D when it comes out on September 27th, 2013.