• PG, 1 hr. 40 min.

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Meteor Man Reviews

Anthony L

July 19, 2013
If only Robert Townsend had gone full on Blackspliotational with Meteor Man instead of playing it relatively safe this could have been something awesome. That said, it is still something special. It's badly acted, badly directed and badly written but a film about a Black Superman, starring James Earl Jones, Bill Cosby and Luther Vandross, featuring Cypress Hill and Naughty By Nature and an army of peroxyded midgets (or are they kids), it can't be bad can it!? If a film has charm, the rest don't matter.
Lucas M

May 17, 2011
Robert Townsend make in The Meteor Man, maybe a entertaining motion picture, but his script, direction and acting made Meteor a rotten film.
James A

May 18, 2006
How nice a movie with a message. Much like the Parenthood.
burgerstar
burgerstar

July 27, 2011
The worst!
civilzen
civilzen

November 1, 2010
This bit of black empowerment made matrix history before there was a Matrix.
James Earl Jones Macin' in a high and flat, FTW!
starlimitz2
March 18, 2010
This movie is dumb, and it is very poorly edited, with A-List actors doing B-List jobs, but it has heart. I was surprised to see Don Cheadle, James Earl Jones, Sinbad and Eddie Griffin in this, along with Bill Cosby. Sometimes it made me laugh, but not very often, and sometimes the jokes just came off as stupid. However, there was an energy that one really can't ignore, and you could tell they tried pretty hard to make this as good a movie as they could. It was a decent effort, but they could have gotten a better writer than the main character and producer.
pariahjf
July 22, 2007
Kinda hokey now, but still an interesting family movie! Love all the cameos by all the rappers of that time...
January 11, 2007
Townsend & Griffin are awesome in this film.I remember seeing it as a kid and I still like watching it today. It's kinda geeky but funny and fun to watch!
ouisch27
November 10, 2006
I haven't seen this in some time and while I remember it as having many stupid moments ( the different costumes, Cosby ) I definitely think it had it's heart in the right place with the battle at the end.
September 11, 2006
Oh my god was this movie bad. Bill Cosby plays an old silent man and that's the only good part, because lately when he opens his mouth i wanna punch him in the face for smashing black people.
February 20, 2014
Good family film. Pays homage to old school super hero aesthetic.
filmlover1994
June 17, 2013
I Like Comedy Films, My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup With The Marx Brothers.
April 15, 2013
loved this film as a kid and still do
October 26, 2012
So bad it's really really good
September 23, 2012
Oh, how I love Robert Towsend. Oh, how I hate this movie.
August 5, 2012
Although it's very cheesy, it's a movie that is fun for all the family. A great movie to watch, just dont expect an emmy performance.
Lucas M

May 17, 2011
November 1, 2010
Good Jesus. The worst thing is that they take it all so seriously, like it's Do the Right Thing with superheroes.
October 12, 2010
Some insult the corniness, but I found Meteor Man to be funny and inspiring.
kyle c.
December 28, 2009
quite possibly my favorite childhood movie. however, it doesn't hold up in my more mature days.