The Meteor Man Reviews

½ June 15, 2014
The Meteor Man is a decent action comedy that is quite entertaining, but leaves plenty to be desired in the long run. The film has a good idea going for it, but it also falls short of what it could have been. For what it is, it's an entertaining affair, but it's a film that isn't worth multiple viewings. Although it's a film that has moments of exciting entertainment value, The Meteor Man is one of those movies that really had the potential being much better as well. Those expecting something great will be disappointed, as The Meteor Man satisfies only to a certain degree. For a low budget film, it works, and the result is decent, but it really should have been more. The blend of action and comedy makes this worth seeing if you have nothing else better to do, but as a superhero film, it just doesn't hold up, and it is a forgettable affair in the long run. This film should have been reworked, but is it an awful movie, it's not, but there are times where it feels a little too empty at the same in terms of good storytelling, and that's why the film simply doesn't stand out, and it doesn't warrant multiple viewings. For B movie fans, however who love these types of movies, there is enough to enjoy, but to others, there just isn't enough substance on-screen to really make a stunning, highly engaging and ultimately memorable film experience worth experiencing again and again. If you come across it, and you have nothing else better to watch, The Meteor Man is one of those films that you watch. At times there some entertaining moments, but others there seems to be a lacking structure, which brings the film down, and you realize that it just isn't as good as it could have been. This is a decent film that leaves a lot to be desired.
½ May 17, 2011
Robert Townsend make in The Meteor Man, maybe a entertaining motion picture, but his script, direction and acting made Meteor a rotten film.
½ May 18, 2006
How nice a movie with a message. Much like the Parenthood.
½ July 27, 2011
The worst!
½ November 1, 2010
This bit of black empowerment made matrix history before there was a Matrix.
James Earl Jones Macin' in a high and flat, FTW!
March 18, 2010
This movie is dumb, and it is very poorly edited, with A-List actors doing B-List jobs, but it has heart. I was surprised to see Don Cheadle, James Earl Jones, Sinbad and Eddie Griffin in this, along with Bill Cosby. Sometimes it made me laugh, but not very often, and sometimes the jokes just came off as stupid. However, there was an energy that one really can't ignore, and you could tell they tried pretty hard to make this as good a movie as they could. It was a decent effort, but they could have gotten a better writer than the main character and producer.
½ July 22, 2007
Kinda hokey now, but still an interesting family movie! Love all the cameos by all the rappers of that time...
January 11, 2007
Townsend & Griffin are awesome in this film.I remember seeing it as a kid and I still like watching it today. It's kinda geeky but funny and fun to watch!
½ November 10, 2006
I haven't seen this in some time and while I remember it as having many stupid moments ( the different costumes, Cosby ) I definitely think it had it's heart in the right place with the battle at the end.
September 11, 2006
Oh my god was this movie bad. Bill Cosby plays an old silent man and that's the only good part, because lately when he opens his mouth i wanna punch him in the face for smashing black people.
September 2, 2013
This is the worst superhero movie I ever seen! The Meteor Man? More like THE SHIT MAN!!! Terrifically Entertaining? More like Terrible Shit Unentertaining!
½ September 9, 2014

A ghetto tale for the kiddies, only not.
February 20, 2014
Good family film. Pays homage to old school super hero aesthetic.
June 17, 2013
I Like Comedy Films, My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup With The Marx Brothers.
April 15, 2013
loved this film as a kid and still do
October 26, 2012
So bad it's really really good
½ September 23, 2012
Oh, how I love Robert Towsend. Oh, how I hate this movie.
½ August 5, 2012
Although it's very cheesy, it's a movie that is fun for all the family. A great movie to watch, just dont expect an emmy performance.
½ May 17, 2011
½ November 1, 2010
Good Jesus. The worst thing is that they take it all so seriously, like it's Do the Right Thing with superheroes.