Michael Jordan to the Max - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Michael Jordan to the Max Reviews

August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - Early Summer 2000 in theaters)
October 10, 2013
Beautifully done. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. Go Bulls!
April 19, 2013
amazing! picture and sound! !!
February 17, 2013
Happy Birthday Michael, Great documentary.
September 15, 2012
A very interesting look into the life, mind and career of basketball's greatest champion.
March 25, 2012
Michael Jordan is one of the few athletes big enough to deserve a film such as "Michael Jordan to the Max."
February 8, 2012
the film plays out more like a promo then an actual documentary, Jordan deserves better.
½ July 7, 2011
I never get tired of watching MJ playing and learn always more about his legacy! The greatest of all time.
June 11, 2011
As you can see in the reviews and, even more tellingly, in the disparity between the critical and audience rating, movie critics just don't get it. I would recommend spending an evening watching NFL Films documentaries to figure it out.

MJ was a once-in-a-lifetime phenomena. And he's right to talk about himself in the 3rd person - Michael Jordan is much more than a man - he is THE benchmark, the standard against which greatness, in all areas of human endeavor, is now measured.

We fans want to see MJ praised and glorified. He is, more than any athlete of my generation, even Mohammed Ali, the most important sports figure of the 20th century (Sorry Babe). Everything changed with Michael. Everything. Need proof? Watch the movie.

What's the difference between documentary and hagiography? An actual sports fan (with a good vocabulary) expects both in any discussion involving a man who single-handedly rewrote the rules of what it means to be a professional athlete. All this, while playing at never before seen levels of athleticism. And he did it with a passion, a fire - a burning, enduring flame that no one could extinguish. No one could stop him. AND HE KNEW IT.
March 14, 2011
I've seen I think every MJ documentary and although this had some cool shots if you want to call it that, it was very dramatic. Jordan was the centerpiece to some of the greatest Ball games in NBA history but the focus on the UTAH series in this did have the drama it could have.
November 29, 2010
½ July 24, 2010
Greatness captivated!
August 15, 2009
Great documentary about the last season (or playoffs) of the Bulls and the greatest and my favorite athlete of all time in any sport by a long shot, Michael Jordan. I only wish it'd been longer!
July 15, 2009
FUCKIN BAD ASS DOCUMENTARY

MIKE IS MY IDOL
March 21, 2009
Seeing this in IMAX was a great experience. The movie is not exactly the most in-depth look at Jordan's life (it basically makes him out to be the second coming of Jesus), but it's still fun to watch and really well-executed.
January 17, 2009
The best IMAX experience I have ever had!
January 4, 2009
I never got to see this in an IMAX theater, but there's no doubting that it's a great documentary. It has flashes of the earlier parts of his career, and it's inspiring the things that he says about his father and why he played baseball, but it mainly focuses on the '98 playoffs and the Bulls' road to winning the sixth and final championship. They need to make a documentary on ALL of his seasons, even the Wizards ones! It really is a pity that some people will never get to see Michael Jordan play except on Youtube.
January 3, 2009
I remember seeing this at a Navy Pier field trip in eighth grade. It was alright for a movie, but I actually didn't think it was that great.
November 1, 2008
it only focuses on the last bulls season and doesnt show stuff from the early 3 championships.
October 18, 2008
the best Jordan documentary!!! must for all basketball lovers..