Mickey's Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mickey's Christmas Carol Reviews

May 3, 2016
Enjoyable enough adaptation of the Dickens classic. Runs 24 minutes, so this is certainly abridged, but they could have had a little bit more meat on the spirits and less set up though. Loved all the cameos of classic Disney characters throughout this!
January 2, 2016
Mickey's Christmas Carol brings to us a good Disney characters adaptation to the characters of the Charles Dickens original story, and we can consider it a masterpiece that can reach to the children's hearts with its charm, with its marvelous and original narrative that brings with it great and important moral lessons.
January 2, 2016
December 24, 2015
Thankfully, time has been kind to ‚??Mickey‚??s Christmas Carol‚?? mainly because the short truncates the Charles Dickens classic, but still maintains many of its themes and heart. In the end, it never sugarcoats the potential fate of Scrooge McDuck, nor does it deny that Tiny Tim will die eventually because he couldn‚??t afford to eat and purchase the medicine needed for him. That said, ‚??Mickey‚??s Christmas Carol‚?? is a classic animated special with your usual Disney Easter Eggs, while also telling the classic story of the Christmas spirit.

Set in 1843, Scrooge McDuck is a man angry at the notion of Christmas coming and refuses to let his workaday book keeper Bob the smallest of luxuries including extra coal to keep warm during the snowy winter ahead. Bob is played by Mickey Mouse who struggles for his wages and is anxious to make it home for Christmas to celebrate with his family. When Scrooge fires Bob and goes home, he realizes he‚??s being haunted by three ghosts that take him to separate stages of his life.

Not only do we garner insight in to why he hates the holidays, but also what people in his life think of him, and how he will ultimately end up when he dies. ‚??Mickey‚??s Christmas Carol‚?? is really nothing but the retelling of the Dickens‚?? classic tale but with Disney characters in place of human character, but it still manages to be an adorable and heartfelt film with some excellent production qualities. I really cared about what happened to these characters, and say what you want about Disney, but using their characters to convey classic literature ultimately exposed me, and likely many others, to actual literary classics.
December 18, 2015
Mickey and company's take on A Christmas Carol is a solid one, even though it's a bit short. It's pretty cool to see all of your favorite Disney characters play their respective roles in such a timeless story. With a runtime of only about 30 minutes, it's over very quickly. But what's there is a great story and one worth watching.
½ December 10, 2015
This animation of Charles Dickens' book 'A Christmas Carol' contains many of Walt Disney's favourite characters. It is an abridged adaptation for children, and while some of the text has been successfully altered to make it more appropriate, it is a little too condensed and fast-paced, especially towards the end. Still, it's a wonderful addition in the Christmas genre. AANASF
½ October 9, 2015
A simple story about kindness and the Christmas spirit.
December 31, 2014
A delightful Disney version of A Christmas Carol. It does mistakenly cast Goofy as Jacob Marley, but otherwise the Disney characters will excite classic enthusiasts. (First and only viewing - 10/11/2010)
December 25, 2014
This may be the best adaptation of the Dicken's story. It does in half an hour what few of the Scrooge adaptations are able to accomplish and that's be memorable, funny, and charming. Highly recommended.
December 16, 2014
This is the greatest version of a Christmas Carol and an instant classic. <3
November 2, 2014
My favorite Holiday special. Mickey's christmas carol is great! :)
September 19, 2014
One Disney's greatest classics. The pacing, humor, and emotion fit perfectly in this christmas tale.
½ July 6, 2014
Pretty much a Disney character filled adaptation of Christmas Carol (14) LIBRARY
April 27, 2014
At best, it's a friendly, marginally vibrant Christmas present for children, but viewed as either a Mickey Mouse cartoon or a retelling of Charles Dicken's story, it's labored and uninspired.
January 28, 2014
While no doubt a classic Disney tale, Mickey's Christmas Carol really doesn't do justice to the original Dicken's tale from which it borrows. Skimming over important portions of the story and never really giving a true sense of the characters or the world in which they live. Ultimately, Mickey's Christmas Carol is but a specter of it's source material.
January 2, 2014
This was the first version of Charles Dickens's tale
½ December 24, 2013
One of my favorite renditions of the A Christmas Carol story.
December 22, 2013
Christmas classic . Not as good as the muppets one though :P
December 21, 2013
Arguably, the greatest cartoon ever made. Will do your heart much good.
December 14, 2013
This classic adaptation of Charles Dickens's novel proves to be one of the best. Despite its short running time of 25 minutes, they somehow managed to include all of the important events and emotional strength of the story. The casting of the characters is great, especially with the enjoyable Scrooge McDuck as the old miser of the same name. I also appreciate that they don't talk down to kids with Tiny Tim's grim dilemma, as it truly allows Scrooge to realize the hardships that his employee has to go through. Thus, this truly changes him for the better as yearns to change his greedy ways, so people like Tim may still have a chance. This proves to be one of my favorite Christmas specials, and I'm glad to say that I watch it every Christmas.