Mickey's Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mickey's Christmas Carol Reviews

December 12, 2013
This is still my favourite version of a Christmas carol.
December 9, 2013
A classic ... but the Muppets version is better.
December 9, 2013
i CAN'T PUT MY FINGER ON EXACTLY WHY i LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH, BUT i DO. IT JUST LEAVES ME WITH THOSE INTANGIBLE WARM FUZZIES WE ALL NEED AT THIS TIME OF YEAR. THE MUSIC, THE ANIMATION, THE CHARACTERS ARE ALL GREAT.
December 7, 2013
One of my favorite versions of A Christmas Carol!
November 27, 2013
Although This Version Of Dickens' Classic Has A Lot Missing From It, You Just Can't Beat The Beautifully Animated Scenes, & The Sad Scene At Tiny Tim's Grave. This Short, Sweet & Staright To The Point. And Is An Excellent Way To Introduce Children To Dickens' Classic.
½ November 11, 2013
This has been out for a long time and is still more effective in telling a Christmas story than most that are shown today
May 29, 2013
A terrific adapted short that captures the spirit of both the beloved novel and Disney cartoons. This short film introduced me to the classic Dickens' story and still to this day I think of this version whenever I re-read the book.
January 22, 2013
Clearly the superior and true Disney Christmas Carol. Scrooge McDuck plays his namesake and the results are the stuff classics are made of.
½ December 31, 2012
Amazing how much they get right in a half-hour special.
December 26, 2012
"Mickey's Christmas Carol" is a good introduction to the Dickens tale for children but lacks a lot of the impact of other versions. The characters are all developed very well during the first half of the film, incorporating the Disney personas into the Dickens characters. The "casting" of Scrooge McDuck, Mickey, Jiminy Cricket, and even Goofy (as Jacob Marley) is very clever. Comedy is added to the story (like Scrooge making Cratchit do his laundry and foreclosing on his fiancee's Honeymoon cottage) to keep it from getting too dark for kids. Honestly, the film was set up for success but it is just too short. Once Scrooge is visited by the ghosts, the film goes into fast-forward. They almost completely glossed over the Ghost of Christmas Present (ingeniously portrayed by Willie the Giant) and the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come comes and goes so fast that the entire emotional impact of the story and transformation of Scrooge is lost. "Mickey's Christmas Carol" had all of the tools to be great but misses its mark in favor of a shorter run-time.
December 25, 2012
sere honesto AMO este especial realmente no le puedo decir nada malo por lo tanto que lo amo
½ December 24, 2012
"Mickey's Christmas Carol" is a decent adaptation of the Dickens classic, with some good animation and great music that you'll want to add to your christmas playlist for sure, but if you're looking for a solid rendition of the story, this 25 minute version really falls short. There are so many details that are left out of the story and it moves so quickly that it might as well be a 10-page storybook adaptation. There's no real reason why so many characters are omitted and a lot of the more serious and important themes are dropped completely unless there were serious budgetary concerns, time concerns or the director just wanted to dumb down the material for a children audience. If you're already familiar with the story and you feel nostalgic to see Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Scrooge in some different roles it's a lot of fun and it's pretty much guaranteed that children being introduced to the film will absolutely love it. It's a good introduction to the Charles Dickens story and if you're crunched for time it gets the job done but if you want a solid film based on "A Christmas Carol" there are more filling versions out there. (VHS, December 22, 2012)
December 20, 2012
the best thing disney ever did
½ December 20, 2012
I really liked this film. It was cute and now we have like 2 Christmas Carol films from Disney.
GRADE:A-
December 16, 2012
One of my favorites! Great re-telling of The Christmas Carol.. What i really love about this version is how well they use Disney's iconic characters(and some not so iconic, but familiar). Goofy as Jacob Marley? Genius! LOVED this cartoon and i continue to do so now being a father of 3. A must watch every Christmas season!
December 16, 2012
Classic Disney! I've seen this probably 20 times over the years, rewatched it a couple days ago for the first time in a few years. It's still absolutely wonderful and a pure joy.
½ December 10, 2012
I always enjoy watching this quick, but still captivating adaption every year.
½ December 10, 2012
Irresistable version due to the universal likability of the characters. "Oh, what a merry Christmas Day" is one of the most underrated Christmas songs ever too!