Microcosmos - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Microcosmos Reviews

October 28, 2012
Would have been spectacular if I saw this in 1996. So-so in 2012.
October 6, 2012
I'm not saying that I started to love insects after seeing this movie, but I certainly learned to see them in a different perspective...... I guess that they'll never be my favorites, but that doesn't mean of course that this documentary isn't nice to watch......the fact that everything was shot in close-up, sometimes even with time-laps camera's, just to show every little detail, makes this a very interesting view on their little world that we know so little of....
½ August 23, 2012
Really interesting film! Captures the impressiveness and strangeness of such a small world. I would have liked a more exhilarating soundtrack, scientific narration, or written/pop-up facts. The insect world sounds were interesting, but not something to make the majority of the audio. None the less, I was entertained.
August 22, 2012
A captivating, scary and sometimes humorous look at a tireless world right below us, Microscosmos delivers some fascinating insights thanks to some astonishingly well placed cameras and mics. Not only does it let you see into this world, but it shows you what true determination is in the form of the tiniest of creatures.
August 22, 2012
always heard it was good.
July 26, 2012
Amazing! Spectacular film, quality is great. Hard to believe it was shot almost 20 years ago. Enjoyed as much now, as I did in 1996.
July 15, 2012
Micrcosmos has the most spectacular photography I've seen in a motion picture! It brings to life a world few of us can imagine, yet this world is going on all the time right under our feet. This movie was originally marketed for kids, however, its complexity, beauty, & depth make it a "must see" for everyone. Seven years in the making & carefully crafted & spliced together, this movie is a triumph of cinematography.
½ June 20, 2012
Interesting views of the world like this are why I keep going.
May 28, 2012
For anyone that is fascinated with insects, this is a must watch.
½ May 10, 2012
Inconceivably pretty and strange world of the flowers, plants, insects and other tiny creatures whose life takes place all around us, even before our very eyes, and regardless of our oblivion, remains busy, sprawling with life and essential for the balance of the Earth's giant ecosystem.
May 3, 2012
A very straight forward, beautiful piece about the world of the insect, and how big their world is, though we view it as so very small. Directors Claude Nuridsany and Marie Perennou got up close and personal with the world of the ant colony, ladybug, dung beetle, and dragonfly. Only briefly narrated and accompanied by a great soundtrack of smooth classical music, this film only tries to show how insects view the world and the processes of said world. It drags at times, but it is truly engrossing if you see the world with a philosophical view or just want to know more about the world around you. It's short, sweet, and educational if you don't know much about insects or anything nature related.
flixsterman
January 21, 2012
As exhilarating as anything ever seen on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and it's all taking place right in your own back yard.
January 19, 2012
Very entertaining look at the insect world. Call it March of the Praying Mantises. Little conversation. Just observation. It works nonetheless.
January 15, 2012
A gorgeous and visually stimulating look into the all to frequently overlooked lives of insects. No obtrusive narration. Just stunning visuals and appropriate music. A definite must see. Grab some popcorn and plop on down for just over an hours worth of fun! How could insects be fun you ask? I ask, how can they NOT be fun!?! (The Entomologist will admit she is a bit biased though...)
½ December 24, 2011
Beautiful; some of the best cinematography I've seen. Definitely something to watch before you buy that can of Raid.
December 10, 2011
Recommended by Selago.
December 3, 2011
I liked the entire movie & the end when the narrator was saying how for an insect a minute is an hour and a season is a lifetime was a really cool concept.
December 2, 2011
This is so tenderly beautiful...an ant comes upon a drop of dew on a leaf. It gently cups its forelegs around the dew and drinks it...this is a real world rendition of 'Fanstasia' complete with music, and a very spare narration (available in English by Kristen Scott Thomas, on the audio settings menu).
July 15, 2011
This is an amazing documentary. I highly recommend it if you're even remotely interested in these types of documentaries. It's available via instant streaming on Netflix if you're a subscriber.
½ July 10, 2011
Pretty cool to see things that you take for granted in a very new perspective