Midnight Clear - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Clear Reviews

July 19, 2009
Great filmwork and editing for the genre of filmfor the most part, great acting (Stephen Baldwin was a little off). Weak story tahr didn't conclude.
January 16, 2009
A Crash-like movie. Lives of different people intertwine, in the end of this one, for the better. Uplifting story, but doesn't quite give you closure at the end.
November 23, 2008
This film tells the story of five characters joined by a mutual isolation and loneliness. Beautifully cast for a wonderfully moving story.
November 15, 2008
Slow movie.....good message.
½ November 14, 2008
A simple story, but touching at the same time. Just shows you how Christmas spirit helps you out with belief.
½ November 7, 2008
This is a low budget film but very real. It shows what so many people go through...being alone...depression...hopelessness...and then what small acts of kindness can do...really quite an amazing story.
½ October 17, 2008
Nothing says blockbuster like Stephen Baldwin headlining a bunch of nobodies, and Victoria Jackson...yeah, the SNL one. Despite that, and and 1 1/2 hours of utter somberity....the movies shows what a few acts of random kindness can accomplish. And because of my undying belief in the good of humanity, I managed to smile in the end. No action, no romance, little humor, very depressing.....but I recommend it at no more than $1.50 to rent.
October 5, 2008
Just a few laughs and optimistic concepts save this movie from being another "everyone stand around and look solemn" somber indie flicks.
September 10, 2008
great story; five unrelated people, alone and unhappy on Christmas eve, find renewed meaning thru random acts of kindness; stars Stephen Baldwin
½ August 25, 2008
Thought provoking movie about all levels of depression, which we all go through at some time or another.
July 27, 2008
This film adaptation from the short story of the same name suffers from a long opening introduction of 5 separate central characters that are going through different kind of difficulties, depressions, and are all experiencing loneliness during Christmas Eve. The movie is a bit boring at first as we are introduced to each character and their problems but as the film continues and the characters begin to connect with each other the film gets more interesting and the underlying message becomes clear. Midnight Clear is a great short story which when made into a full length film suffered from a few extensive scenes which are not that important in the movie. However the message in the film is not lost and after the first 30 minutes or so the characters begin to connect with each other and the message gets across. The main theme of the movie is that small acts of kindness however insignificant they can be could have a huge impact on other peopleā??s lives and at the end that message gets across in the final scene when we see the youth pastor looking back at Eve with her son in Church. The storytelling is great and hooks you once these characters connect with each other and we see how small acts change the outcome of a life. We are used to seeing Christmas movies that focus on happiness, but this movie shows how for some people Christmas time can be difficult and lonely. The movie is sort of dark at the beginning but at the end it gives out a message of hope. I found the movie very enjoyable thanks to the good story and character development and unlike other films of this genre not too preachy or cheesy.
June 29, 2008
Slow moving, but if you stick it out 'til the end, it ends up being a good movie.
June 23, 2008
I just didn't get this movie. I tried to understand it, but I just don't know what it was supposed to be about. I waited through the long character development, but it never got to a clear point in the end.
April 15, 2008
Overall a very thought-provoking movie...
March 28, 2008
Its low budget but the acting is good and the story is pretty great. Really amazing performance by Stephen Baldwin and K Callan.
½ March 20, 2008
Dreadful christian morality tale. Thought it was gonna be the war movie "A Midnight Clear". Doh!
½ March 18, 2008
Until it reveals its actual Christian purpose in the final minutes, "Midnight Clear" will easily fool many viewers into thinking they're watching a modest Coen brothers-style comedy-thriller.
½ February 16, 2008
I watched this movie alone near Christmas, and it really encapsulated what it must be like for people without social connections at the holidays. Sad, slow-moving, but if you look hard and try hard, there is something there you can believe in. A new holiday tradition.
½ February 10, 2008
Not what I expected. I agree with everyone that said it was a bit depressing, but the ending was really great. It shows that sometimes when God places something before us to do, we just need to do it. Pretty good acting, but the writing could have been much better. It's a deep Christmas movie.
½ February 4, 2008
pretty impressed, fine script and enjoyable story